Country Project & Property Manager. Global Business Services Job at ABB – in Madrid, Madrid provincia
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Analyze, propose and support in implementing Real Estate project and property function/specialized area actions to improve efficiency, performance and cost-effective service delivery.
Lead all properties in alignment with local legal regulations and update information in the Land Registry and Cadastral offices.
Lead all on-site construction/civil-works activities in alignment with project delivery schedule/ activities to assure cost-effective execution of project deliverables in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, schedule, and safety requirements.
Coordinate and support construction team in cost-effective execution of construction/civil-works related deliverables in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, schedule, and safety requirements. Provide technical support for all construction related issues to proposal team during bid preparation and to the Project Manager at the project start up.
This position is not graded yet as the country still hasn’t gone through the phase 4 of Global Grading process.
1. Function strategy (area of responsibility): Implements actions within area of functional responsibility in alignment with Group guidance, policy, and procedures. Implement real estate plans to enhance the Local Business Unit’s facilities for both current and prescribed future needs. Help to the outcome real estate master plan with required investments and space requirements to meet the strategy of the businesses. Maximizes efficiencies through consolidation and sub-letting initiatives.
2. Function process: Defines, implements, and continuously optimizes processes and procedures within area of functional responsibility in alignment with Group guidance, policy, and procedures.
3. Portfolio: Establishes and regularly updates a detailed corporate real estate inventory of all ABB owned, leased/rented sites, plots of land, offices, manufacturing facilities, warehouses, storage, parking, cafeteria, etc. Plans project on-site construction/civil-works activities with Project Manager including necessary local resources, equipment and milestones. Coordinates agreement between customer and external resources on construction targets, health and safety requirements, site organization and policy.
4. Investment: Collaborate to define all major real estate investments in owned or leased facilities and ensures such investments are prepared properly to submit for formal approval and in line with Group policy.
5. Health, safety and environment (HSE) and project security: Ensures detailed and up-to-date construction Health & Safety (H&S) plan is in place in respect of each work package, compliant with the ABB H&S plan. Ensures all on-site resources are properly trained on company health, safety and environment policy and proactively promotes health and safety considerations to project partners throughout the project. Empowered to suspend any activities on site (be it by ABB personnel or by subcontractors) in case of OHS violation and, if a situation arises, takes the necessary steps to ensure that ABB employees and other persons who may be present are not put at risk.
6. Stakeholder relations: Serves as a project representative by building and maintaining effective relationships with customers as well as other local organizations such as authorities, banks, and suppliers to ensure their active support of field activities.
7. Service support: Partners with businesses/customers/service providers to understand current issues that can be supported or resolved through existing practices, processes, policies. Recommends new practices, processes, or policies to improve overall services.
8. Special programs: Provides project support of special initiatives. Recommends, develops, and assists in implementation of special programs in area of functional specialty.
9. Systems: Uses and updates relevant systems in support of functional processes and procedures. Recommends changes to system functionality and supports systems implementation/upgrade in area of functional responsibility.
10. Documentation: Ensures all documentation is modified and updated as necessary, the document handling system is maintained, and latest revisions are used for the construction work on site
11. Project controls: Ensures projects follow sound methodology and execution practices in accordance with internal standard procedures.
12. Sub-contractors: Evaluates, finalizes and manages the sub-contractors on site hired by ABB to ensure necessary quality and progress achieved to meet delivery date and agreed standards.
13. Site cost management: Controls project cost for the project site work, monitors actual spend against forecasts, and estimates final cost for the same. Manages the petty cash and has delegated authority for local purchasing within agreed limits.
Establishes rental rate by surveying local rental rates and calculating overhead costs, depreciation, taxes, and profit goals.
Attracts tenants by advertising vacancies, obtaining referrals from current tenants, explaining advantages of location and services, and showing units.
Contracts with tenants by negotiating leases and collecting security deposit.
Maintains property by investigating and resolving tenant complaints, enforcing rules of occupancy, inspecting vacant units and completing repairs, planning renovations, contracting with landscaping and snow removal services
Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Master’s degree in Architecture or Engineering degree with Master in Constructions and Civil Works with at least 8 years working as
Project and Property manager.
Experience in merge, acquisition and divestment companies in the Real Estate workstream.
Strong knowledge and experience in building projects and construction works management
High knowledge and experience in workplace office trends.
Strong knowledge of urban planning processes and experience in management with public administration
High knowledge of professional and standard designing and project management tools.
Solid knowledge of office software. Microsoft environment daily use.
Financial knowledge to afford the daily work and follow up the KPIs (OCF, ICF; cost allocation, investment, budget and real cost processes; savings declaring).
High level of English spoken needed. Continuous meetings in English with Global team.
Strong negotiation capabilities.
Proactivity and ownership, highly responsible person.
High level of organization and attention to detail.
Strong internal and external communications skills.
High knowledge of ABB environment or similar matrix organizations.
High knowledge of industrial buildings status and local regulations applicable at country and regional/state level to the buildings.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Company: ABB –
Company Location: Madrid, Madrid provincia