Customer Service Agent – Annualised Hours Contract Job in Remote at CET –
Working for CET is many things – exciting, challenging, rewarding, occasionally frustrating, – but it’s never dull. You’ll work with a diverse mix of people in a buzzing atmosphere and be part of a welcoming, inclusive community.
If you want to work in a lively, fun environment and you’ve got the skills we’re after, you know what to do, apply now!
Working permanently from home means no commuting costs!
The Package – Annual Salary
CET have recently been accredited to be a Real Living Wage Employer with the Living Wage Foundation. The real Living Wage is an hourly rate set independently and re-calculated annually based on what people need to meet their basic everyday needs.
The Living Wage is currently £9.90 per hour across the UK and £11.05 per hour in London. It has also been agreed to increase the salary to £21,000 per annum FTE after passing probation.
Based on working 30 hours per week you will be paid £15,444 per annum based on working 30 hours per week (i.e £9.90 per hour) paid monthly, irrespective of the hours actually worked each month
Increasing to £15,750 per annum after successful completion of 6 months’ probation
Following training you will be eligible to a Performance Related Bonus – potentially the opportunity to earn 10% of your monthly gross salary on achievement of targets which will be paid monthly in arrears.
Potential earnings after our comprehensive fully paid training will be paid for high performing team members with many opportunities to progress your career through structured and clearly defined development programs.
Applications are invited from the UK mainland only
Unlike other Customer Service Networks we are not a sales focused environment we are completely focused on the customer journey. We deal with customers that are experiencing a home emergency on behalf of well-known insurers. We operate 24/7 from Monday to Sunday, 365 days of the year. The Customers emergency is our emergency.
It would be your role to ensure that this experience is a smooth, efficient and effortless as possible and to help support them during a difficult time but offering exceptional Customer Service
Communication is key – we are looking for out-going people that understand that working from home is an environment where have to keep each other up to date and in the loop of where we are during any part of the working day
Note: internally these roles are called Customer Incident Managers
In these unusual times, our Customer Incident Managers have become even more important to our Customers.
We’re looking for more people to join them. Confident people with a natural instinct to help. People who give it their all, where no challenge is too big, no ask too great. Naturals when it comes to making conversation and at their best when thinking on their feet. As one of our Customer Incident Managers, your unflappable nature and personal approach will give our customers the confidence you’ll get right to the root of their problem. If you’re great at building rapport and trust, showing empathy and resilience, and going out of your way for people, then you’ve probably already got what it takes to succeed here.
Our Customer Incident Managers deal with people from all walks of life every single day and some of them maybe vulnerable so you’ll need to be able to build rapport with customers quickly, speak clearly and listen intently whilst working out how to solve problems to keep our customers happy.
The first point of contact for our customers, this is a role for the cool, calm and collected. All around the UK people depend on our services, so when things go wrong in their homes it can have a serious impact on their everyday lives. This means you will face plenty of challenges, from frustrated and upset customers, so you will need lots of patience and genuine empathy, but you’ll also be the one who puts a smile back on our customers’ faces, again and again.
You will be required to carry out the day-to-day operational performance of any reasonable tasks required to assist in a delivery consistent service for all CET’s Clients, including but not limited to; claims notification, claims deployment, return visits, invoicing and complaints.
We will give you all the training you need, when you start. You will get 4 weeks of training on our services, systems and processes which will include handling live customer calls. You will have the training team around to fully support you during this initial training period and then you will have people around you to support you with regular coaching and training up-dates to make sure you are always on top of your game. Thanks to our on-going training, your knowledge of our clients, systems and business processes will be second to none.
You MUST be available to attend the mandatory training via MS Teams at home as it is critical to being successful in the role as follows:
Training will be worked over 40 hours per week for 4 weeks as follows
Week 1 – Monday to Friday – 8.00 am to 4.30 pm with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break and two 15 minute paid breaks each day
Week 2 – Monday to Friday – 8.00 am to 4.30 pm with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break and two 15 minute paid breaks each day
Week 3 – Tuesday to Saturday – 9.00 am to 5.30 pm with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break and two 15 minute paid breaks each day
Week 4 – Tuesday to Saturday – 12.30 pm to 9.00 pm with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break and two 15 minute paid breaks each day.
You will be paid in full i.e. £20,592 per annum, (£9.90 per hour) for the hours worked during this mandatory training period. Thereafter, details of your annualised shift pattern will be provided to you.
Main Purpose of Role
- To receive and answer Home Emergency Claims with urgency via telephone, Email or specific client portals.
- To deploy Suppliers from our network to each claim within the client specific Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- To ensure that every caller receives excellent customer service whether this is a customer or a supplier.
- To follow through every claim so that the customer only has to make one phone call into us.
- To handle and try to resolve any complaint at the first point of notification.
- To be available at all times during your shift to take inbound calls or make outbound calls.
- To record any dissatisfaction in line with Company procedures.
- Ensure that Health and Safety compliance and legal frameworks are adhered to at all times.
- To be a champion of excellent customer service.
To be a brilliant Customer Incident Manager in our team you must have
- Previous contact centre experience is preferred
- Have excellent listening skills and natural empathy
- Top-notch troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with a thirst for knowledge and integrity with learning our business needs and being able to work alone in your own safe and quiet working environment
- A genuine passion for Customer Service.
- Be able to take accountability.
- Have a professional telephone manner
- Ability to get on well with people.
- Respectful of other peoples’ point of view
- Understanding our Service Level Agreements and pushing these forward to resolve quickly and efficiently
- Build successful relationships within the wider areas of the business (Contractors, other departments, managers on shift, our insurers)
- Having the initative to make out-going phone calls as and when needed on a claim by claim basis.
Annualised Hours Contract – based on 30 contracted hours per week
Below is the proposed annualised hours contract information based on our business demand profile distributed across a financial year (April to March):
See illustration below of a typical year – hours per week rostered – you would work less hours in the summer and more in the winter due to business demand:
- circa 20 hours per week April to August
- circa 30 hours per week September -October
- and up to 40 hours a week November -March
- You will receive pay for 30 hours per week throughout the year. At the end of the 12 month period your paid hours and worked hours will be equal
- Normal working shifts will be rostered between 7am and 10pm, Monday to Sunday.
- We will strive to give you two consecutive rest days together in a working week.
- A flexible approach will be required due to the needs of the business.
- You will receive your monthly rostered shift patterns one calendar month in advance, for example an April roster will be sent to you on the last working day in February.
- We reserve the right to re-roster your shift patterns at 7 days’ notice based on business needs, and at 2 days’ notice in times of extreme volume uplift, although these times are very limited throughout the year.
- During busy winter months you may be required to work a split shift pattern, for example 8 am – 12 pm and then 3 pm – 7 pm in the same day.
You will be required to complete a Homeworking Checklist and Home Working Policy upon joining the Team to ensure you can work comfortably and safely from your home.
At CET, we’re creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
CET is a Disability Confident Committed Employer and we want to make sure that you have the best possible recruitment experience with us. If you have a disability or long-term health condition or need any adjustments to our process that would help you to perform to your full potential, please let us know.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £15,444.00 per year
Work Location: Remote
About the Company
Company: CET –
Company Location: Remote