Customer Service Representative/Dispatcher Jobs in Houston, TX at Victory Transportation Systems
Title: Customer Service Representative/Dispatcher
Company: Victory Transportation Systems
Location: Houston, TX
We are looking for a high energy, motivated, strategic thinking, ROCKSTAR to join our team of ROCKSTARS! We have goals and we want more ROCKSTARS to help us reach them!
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Customer Service Representative (“CSR”) is responsible for taking all customer calls, answering questions, assisting with concerns, and providing customers with updates. The representative will also receive, review and process orders to be dispatched.
This position will report directly to the company’s Customer Service Manager.
• Consistently answer inbound calls within guidelines established by the company
• Enter and process customer orders with detailed notes from phone and/or email inquiries
• Transfer calls to the correct parties while notating the details of inquiries or questions
• Resolve customer complaints and inquiries through resolution management discretion, including offering customer concessions or other remedies as are determined necessary by the CSR
• Regularly screen emails from customers
• Update OTR board anything over 100 miles
• Record customer turndowns
• Negotiate quotes with customers based on value driven philosophy of the company
• Develop and maintain customer care relationships, including problem solving for positive outcomes
• Evaluate and solve driver issues involving customers or customer delivery schedules to ensure our drivers’ safety and retention
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Customer service experience of 3+ years is preferred
• Data entry experience of 1-3 years is preferred
• Transportation industry experience is preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Core Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Must be able to learn other company software systems (i.e. Datatrac)
• Great written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work in a team environment in high pressure situations
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes occasional weekends and holidays
Working Environment & Physical Requirements:
This position requires consistent sitting, walking, standing, reading, listening, speaking, interpreting data and information, operating general office equipment, typing on a keyboard, and looking at a computer screen for long periods of time. The working environment consists of an indoor and climate-controlled setting.
The Dispatcher role will coordinate loads with owner operators daily to ensure all orders are completed. This role is responsible for keeping the drivers and customers informed regarding ETA’s as well as regularly monitoring the board for potential service failures. This position will report directly to Victory’s Operations Manager.
• Dispatch incoming orders for the designated board
• Utilize the standby list to coordinate loads with the drivers
• Utilize Samsara/DataTrac to track hours of service and drivers ETA’s
• Identify delays or service issues, communicate, and negotiate with customers, vendors, and drivers for resolutions of such issues
• Continuously review the assigned board and engage in proactive measures to avoid potential service failure
• Call on ETA’s, call contacts at delivery points and double check receiving hours
• Keep track of any loads that a driver turns down
• Keep track of any loads going OTR (over t…