Customer Service Representative (Specialty Service) Virtual/Remote (NV) Job at Farmers Insurance Group – 3.6 in Las Vegas, NV
We are Farmers!
We are… more than just your favorite commercials. We are a passionate, award winning, equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. We are dedicated to supporting the well-being of our people through our extensive suite of benefits, as well as the well-being of the communities we serve through employee volunteer programs and nonprofit partnerships. Helping others in their time of need isn’t just our business – it’s our culture! We are Farmers!
Do you thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced environment? Do you enjoy the challenge of a position where no two days are alike? We are looking for positive, high-energy professionals who are not just looking for a job, but a meaningful career!
Start Dates: Monday, May 9th and Monday, May 23rd
Work Hours: 8:30am-5:00pm Pacific time; Monday-Friday
Note: shift days/times are subject to change based on business needs. Full departmental hours are 5:45am-5:00pm Pacific time.
This position will be virtual/work-from-home. Candidates must live within the state of Nevada and have access to stable internet and a quiet workspace free from distractions of others being in the same room.
- Communicates with internal and external customers about intermediate underwriting guidelines, policies and marketing initiatives to service customer accounts.
- Utilizes competencies and skills to provide a positive customer experience.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyze, clarify and resolve intermediate policy and account related questions from internal and external customers.
- Reviews problems and communicates with appropriate personnel to obtain information when necessary.
- Responds to customer inquiries through appropriate mediums.
- Attains performance level standards as outlined in performance objectives.
- Continues to build personal skill set by participating in in-house or outside insurance / industry related courses / seminars as deemed necessary to expand product / system knowledge.
- Stays current with relevant product(s).
- Understands and strives to support organization’s overall strategy.
- Models Farmers core values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Business Results: Meets individual performance, metrics and goals.
- Innovation: Identifies and suggests innovative process changes to support business practices.
- Communication: Above average written and verbal communication skills.
- Job Knowledge: Intermediate billing, underwriting guidelines and policy processing.
- Team Work: Accepts feedback when offered to reach full potential and works well with others in addition to incorporating best practices from others.
Besides some sedentary work, job duties require some or all of the following physical activities: Standing, carrying/lifting up to 10 pounds, seeing and hearing, walking, reaching, pushing and pulling, and speaking, reading, and writing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate- controlled office environment
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Proven competency performing Customer Service Representative essential job function and special skills or relevant experience.
Special Skill Requirement
- Critical Thinking
- Advanced conflict resolution skills
- Consistently meeting or exceeding performance measurement goals
Pay ranges between $16.70-$19.50 an hour and is determined based on geographic location and call center/insurance experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.70 – $19.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Company: Farmers Insurance Group – 3.6
Company Location: Las Vegas, NV