D3 – Data Analytics Engineer Jobs in Charlotte at Allstate Insurance Company
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
Data Analytics incorporates techniques from many disciplines, including data acquisition, computer programming, data engineering, software development, high performance computing, and traditional business expertise, with the goal of extracting meaning from data to optimize future business decisions. Individuals in this field should wish to be experts in several of these disciplines and sufficiently proficient in others to effectively design, build, and deliver end to end products to optimize future decisions. Successful individuals demonstrate significant analytic agility, and quickly develop new skills across these disciplines as they evolve. The Junior Data Analytics Engineer role is responsible for working with clients to create scaled out business solutions and/or data using best practices, appropriate tools and software to provide documented, trusted and actionable results. This role requires analytic agility and the ability to quickly learn new techniques and technologies.
D3: Data, Discovery & Decision Science is the research and analytics organization for Allstate. Our mission is to enable, through analytics, the delivery of perfect insurance solutions to our customers. This is an entry level role with a target start date in 2019. This role is responsible for the development of data infrastructure, business solutions, and proof of concept to help D3 achieve its mission. This includes creating new and maintaining existing data acquisition processes from inception to fully developed solutions. This role requires close integration and partnership with business, and a high degree of business acumen is needed to output the best technical solutions. To be successful in this role, a person should establish themselves as a subject matter expert.
• Work with Data Scientists and business partners on embedded cross functional teams; developing subject matter expertise in the business as well as advanced analytics.
• Participate in building requirements to develop analytic data sources for use by data scientists, research, and business users
• Participate in rapid development of new data work tracks with fast iteration over quick sprints
• Leverage the data infrastructure required to support needs of data science and analytics.
• Provides input to the team with test scripts, executes testing, and works with data scientists and business to ensure end user acceptance
• Leverage “agile” data analysis with technology fluency in parallel processing/programming, software/programming languages and technologies (Oracle, MongoDB, SQL, Python, Spark, Kafka, Scala and Hadoop), paired with analytic agility to meet fluid and dynamic business needs in this space
• Support innovation and process improvement.
• Provides support to team on the development of enterprise data assets, information platfo…
Job Title: D3 – Data Analytics Engineer
Company Name: Allstate Insurance Company
Experince: Not Specified years
Job Category: Finance & Insurance