Data Engineer – Customer Behavior Analytics Job at Amazon in Seattle, WA
Amazon is one of the world’s most highly trafficked sites and with a data footprint of multiple business areas. Delivering impactful experiences using Amazon data to help customers find the right products, and help brands connect with their customers is one of our key business initiatives. The Customer Behavior Analytics team is building a big data platform to provide machine learning based solutions to measure and optimize marketing experiences. The platform and measurement services will be consumed across brands and page owners.
You will play a key role in building the appropriate engineering solutions for the new systems, and set them up to deliver insights and optimize onsite experiences across amazon. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with traditional Data Warehouse (DW) concepts as well as statistical modelling. He/she will have the aptitude to incorporate new approaches and methodologies while dealing with big data. Excellent business and communication skills are a must, to develop and define key business questions, and to build data sets that answer those questions. You should be able to work with business customers in understanding the business requirements and implementing reporting solutions.
You’ll be expected to:
– Design and implement systems that acquire data to measure performance of onsite placements.
– Design and implement the machine learning infrastructure to implement econometric models to determine the impact of onsite impressions across various channels and geographies
– Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
– Understand system inter-dependencies and limitations as well as analytic inter-dependencies to build efficient solutions.
- 8+ years of experience in building large-scale data/software systems with high performance, great usability and highly satisfied customers.
- Experience gathering business requirements, formulating metrics and building highly scalable pipelines.
- Detailed knowledge of cloud-based data warehouses, architecture, infrastructure components, ETL and reporting/analytic tools and environments.
- Solid understanding of source data, its strengths, weaknesses, semantics and formats.
- Solid understanding of big data echo system
- Excellent understanding of software development life cycle and/or agile development environment with emphasis on BI practices.
- Ability to create collaborative relationships with partners, stakeholders and customers while managing expectations, managing concerns and risks, and communicating progress.
- Work with business owners and partners to build analytical solutions that answer their specific business questions
- Ability to plan roadmap, prioritize tasks, manage dependencies and deliver on time.
- Strong organizational skills and planning prowess, with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You should excel in the design, creation, and management of large datasets, and have the analytical skills to answer tough questions for the business.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company Location: Seattle, WA