Database Administrator MS SQL Environment Job at Proactis in Wetherby
We are a rapidly growing global company that helps organisations around the world to operate faster, leaner, smarter by rethinking the way they do commerce to thrive in the digital economy. We enable both buyers and sellers to eliminate wasted time, money, and talent by transforming the way they buy and sell goods and services.
We are currently searching for an exceptional candidate to join our IT Availability Services team.
Database Administrator Role:
Are you looking for a challenge of creating leading edge web-based software products? Do you embrace the challenge of mastering today’s cutting-edge development technologies?
A DBA must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Must rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Must be able to perform a variety of tasks with little to no supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work in a fast moving and growing organization, with highly talented colleagues and an impressive list of clients.
We will provide the challenge, the opportunity to build a broad range of skills, develop leading edge knowledge and work with a diverse range of people.
- 33 days holiday, including bank holidays
- Pension Scheme – matching 4.5% contributions
- HealthCare Plan
- Rewards Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Bonus Scheme
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Modern Offices
Database Administrator Responsibilities:
- Due to the level of technical expertise required to work in our complex systems environment, this position is normally suited to technicians with at least 6 years of similar experience with MS SQL Server, T-SQL, Visual Studio, Oracle experience an advantage.
- You must be able to administer, maintain, develop and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company database.
- Be able to implement data models and database designs, data access and table maintenance codes; resolves database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, Query Optimization and other distributed data issues.
- Also, coordinates work teams and provides technical support to project team members. Able to provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top-level contributor/specialist.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively communicate in English orally (especially by telephone) and in writing. This includes the ability to deal effectively and harmoniously with various personnel both internally and externally.
- Experience is very important, as well as, intelligence, creativity, and drive, which will help with your keys to success at PROACTIS.
Database Administrator Person Specification:
- You should have a high level of technical capability including database interrogation, Complex SQL scripting, maintenance, and proactive identification/resolution.
- You should have an understanding of financial and procurement processes and procedures used within Small, Medium and Large Enterprises
- You should be able to demonstrate initiative and have excellent lateral-thinking and problem-solving skills
- You should be a team player who integrates easily and communicates positively
- You should be able to identify where support is required and proactively provide it
- You should be committed to providing outstanding customer service (internally & externally)
- You will need to be energetic and self-motivated – thriving in a hands-on environment and require minimum management supervision
- You need to be flexible and adaptable – excited by new ideas and/or technology and, willing to pick up and work with new initiatives no matter how unfamiliar
- We seek people who are ambitious, seek to improve their performance, are interested in training and generally in personal development
- You should be highly organized – managing workload and delivering effectively and efficiently
Database Administrator Required Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven experience in all versions of MS SQL.
- Background in providing DBA services for external customer utilization in a SaaS environment.
- Demonstrable experience in proactive customer support, maintenance, investigation and remediation.
- Used to working in a strict process driven manner and able to identify security issue and process failures and able to remediate.
- MS Windows based Operating Systems knowledge an advantage
Some Oracle capabilities would be an advantage
Commercial approach, appreciates the importance of customer retention and ROI
- Will have worked in a customer focused B2B (Business to Business) environment with good understanding of customer requirements/market.
- Must demonstrate a hands-on approach and consistent delivery
Note: This job description is a guide to the principal, current duties of the job. It does not form part of the contract of employment.
Application Deadline: 30/06/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £50,000.00 /year
- MS SQL Environment : 6 years (Preferred)
- Wetherby, West Yorkshire (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Company Location: Wetherby