Deputy Project Manager (H/F) Job at Bombardier in Valenciennes (59)
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Deputy Project Manager!
About the role:
The job holder will have a double responsibility:
- To support the Project Manager within the boundaries of the contract to deliver the object of the contract to the customer and to deliver the targeted margin to Bombardier. To this effect, he/she assists the Project Manage in the successful completion of Project Core team assigned tasks and in leading the team with the view of the full project including areas outside own division and the overall impact on Bombardier performance.
- He/she is also responsible and mandated to support the Project Manager in managing all product introduction related activities in order to deliver on requirements, budget and schedule.
Functional duties to the Services/Product Introduction Project Core Team:
- Support and replace when needed the Project Manager in achieving targets given to Engineering – Procurement – Operations team to the benefit of the project and Product Introduction objectives
- Support and replace when needed the Project Manager in managing the effort of the Services/Product Introduction Core Team members and ensure directives related to the project execution given by the Project Manager are followed
- Support the Project Core Team`s effort to meet periodic financial targets
- University degree or equivalent through experience, complemented by a demonstrated track record of success
- Typically 3 years of relevant experience either in Project Management, Bids, Sales, Contracts & Legal, Procurement, Engineering or Operations
- Proven leadership performance (i.e. PMP, 360° feedback)
- Hands-on profile, with strong management skills
- Experience with the commissioning/maintenance of complex industrial products
- Experience in the railway experience represents a plus
- Languages: French – native/fluent, English – fluent
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Job: Field Services
Primary Location: FR-NPC-Crespin
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 22.10.2020, 3:45:47 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Company Location: Valenciennes (59)