Digital Development Representative – Italian Market Job at IBM – in Mulhuddart, County Dublin
The role of an Digital Development Representative is primarily Opportunity/Lead Generation focused, seeking out new business opportunities for IBM Sellers to progress and close. With a clearly defined and aligned approach, they are responsible for delivering account insight and building high quality pipeline through both their own research & inbound responses generated from marketing activity.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will be proficient at using digital and business development tools, confident engaging peers and making connections & have experience with a consultative selling approach. They will be comfortable discussing business issues and goals with Line of Business clients and prospects.
- Creating opportunities according to the defined criteria through research of customers and prospects independently, executing outbound business development activities with emphasis to cross-sell and upsell to the existing IBM client base
- Interlock closely with marketing teams at Geo and Global level to develop, execute and evaluate marketing campaigns to drive new business
- Research prospects’ social footprint, and find ways to develop contact & provide insight into target accounts, structure and priorities so that the sales teams can point their efforts most effectively
- Through continuous personal development, you will become a subject matter expert and act as an influencer and trusted advisor for clients
- Have a social media presence to promote the brand, engage, interact, and influence clients
- Expected to find a resolution if you encounter an obstacle when generating business and handle to resolution
- Build your network of contacts both within IBM and your client base, making yourself the “go to” person for your specific field
- Put the client first, being prepared to tackle challenges, solve problems, and work with your team to get things done
- Provide warm handover to appropriate seller to close
- Weekly & monthly reporting
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 1-year Lead Generation/Business Development experience (preferably in a technical environment) with a track record in achieving personal business targets
- The ideal candidate will be proficient at using both digital & relevant Sales tools & be confident in engaging peers and making connections
- Have previously worked in a fast-paced selling environment with the ability to interact with senior IT Managers & Buyers across a wide range of customer types
- Can translate business pains into business solutions & work with internal sales teams in an effective way to find the right solutions for clients
- Goal-oriented; maintains a sense of urgency in a deadline-driven setting
- Ability to leverage resources throughout the business to solve complex problems
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills and focus on client satisfaction
- Excellent Social Media presence and can demonstrate how you use social media tools
- Can demonstrate excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Applicants must have fluent Italian and business Level English.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Passion for technology and the ability to understand the B2B tech market
- Focused on and motivated by bringing value to the company and your own personal growth
- Constantly willing to learn, dedicated and resilient
- Digital savvy representative that can become the new Brand Ambassador
About Business UnitIBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Company: IBM –
Company Location: Mulhuddart, County Dublin