Directeur Ressources Humaines Job at Le Boat Castelnaudary (11)
This role is a critical leadership role on Le Boat Senior leadership team – playing a broad role in the leadership of this exciting and growing business and leading the People agenda.
This is a high profile position that will play a vital role in partnering the Le Boat UK/French leadership team to deliver an aggressive business plan. Leading the creation and delivery of a 3 year people plan, this is a very exciting opportunity for an individual with a deep understanding of the French employment market/employee relations context but also an international mindset that will deliver business change. It will require a pragmatic but strategic leadership approach – they will need to be very hands on but also very clear about the longer term objectives and direction needed to deliver the business plan.
The role is a key position in the Travelopia Group People leadership team who together lead and shape the Group people plans but who will also define and execute all people policies, plans and activities for the businesses they partner. This role will need to be able to demonstrate the “best of both worlds model” – Group and Business working together.
Given the nature of the business – this role will be based in France or the UK but will require regular travel across France, to HQ in UK and to other markets.
What You will be doing:
· A member of the Le Boat executive team – working together to deliver the growth plans for the business
· People work stream lead for business plan on all acquisition activity. Create and deliver the post- acquisition integration activities.
· As the functional lead, creating and delivering focused and pragmatic people plans to deliver the business plan ambitions. Managing and facilitating effective HR activity along with the HR centres of excellence and the broader HR function to deliver the people plan
· Deliver the labour plan (right people, right time, right cost) to ensure best customer experience is delivered.
· Building people management capability for the business areas by coaching, challenging and influencing the senior team
· Driving employee engagement and talent management to leverage the link between engagement and high performance
· Support talent management initiatives to develop and retain high performers and high potential employee’s in the business to meet future capability requirements
· Lead HR change programmes – provide advice on planning, implementation and communication of organisational changes
· Support Reward with the implementation of the overall Reward strategy for Le Boat and lead the annual review process
· Understand when to challenge the status quo & identify more innovative solutions; influencing the business to implement change
· Manage the performance and development of the Le Boat HR team through effective leadership so the team feel supported, valued and engaged to deliver high performance
What we are looking for:
Track record of world class HR practise in France – balancing the requirement to work within the law/employee relations context whilst also delivering the change required to deliver the business case for acquisition.
International mindset with track record of leading a team/working in a team that is partnering an international team/business.
Experience of creating and delivering people plan solutions to a front line/outbased population
Qualifications and Key Skills
· Fluent French and English is mandatory
· Knowledge of French employment law (essential), HR best practice Employee Relations, and Social relations experience
· Track record of delivering business restructuring in France (location closure, reduction in head count, aligning T&Cs, more flexible working)
· Experience in a business with outbased/front line employees – managing performance and engagement.
· Must be able to demonstrate excellent analytical, planning and organisational skills
. Quick thinking, results-orientated, and pro-active, with drive and energy to act in an ambiguous, fast-paced and constantly changing environment
. Candidates should possess a natural authority and judgment, be effective communicators with strong influencing skills and the ability to establish trust and respect at all levels of an international organisation, acting with intercultural empathy, honesty and transparency.
. Able to think and operate strategically to support both the HR and business strategy
. Evidence of independent working and decision making with the ability to identify priorities and act upon them in a timely manner
. Able to present and debate complex issues and drive decisions through persuasive arguments – not set back by obstacles
. Able to coach, mentor and challenge senior leaders in their thinking and decision making
. Strong people management skills – previous management of an international team is desirable
. A proactive and creative thinker
. Self-motivated, determined, resilient and tenacious. High level of drive and energy
. Pragmatic and commercially astute with a dynamic approach to people and resourcing issues
. Confidentiality and flexibility are essential with a willingness to support the wider team
Job Type: Full-time
- French HR: 3 years (Required)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)
Company: Le Boat
Company Location: Castelnaudary (11)