Director, Credit Jobs in Anoka, MN at Vista Outdoor
Title: Director, Credit
Company: Vista Outdoor
Location: Anoka, MN
Salary: $250K – $500K*
Category: Retail & Consumer Goods
Join our talented team.EmployeesatVista Outdoor are passionate and committedtodelivering quality productstoour customers. Our culture centersonan engaged and accountable workforce. Our goal istoattract and retain a diverse workforce: rich in talent, background, ideas and experience.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
Each companyatVista Outdoor has its own unique DNA. From CamelBaktoFederaltoBell, Giro, Primos and many more, we are united by a dedicationtosuperior quality, performance-driven products and a love of all things outdoors.
As such, Vista Outdoor is seeking a Director, Credit to add to our dynamic team in Anoka, Minnesota. This positionsupportsoverall business strategies and objectives of the Finance department and is responsible for overseeing the development and administration of credit policies in alignmentwithimproving the design of and implementing customer and supplier credit scoring, maintaining the effectiveness of receivables collections, and managing relationswithinternaland external stakeholders.
· Create policies and strategies that minimize credit and/or operating losses and otherriskexposures while supporting initiativestogrow the business.
· Monitor, enhance and enforce sound credit policies and procedures
· Individually set and monitor credit limits forhighsales volume customers
· Workswithsenior leadershiptorefine credit profiles,riskappetite, and key customer and supplier evaluation metrics
· Monitor customer credit lines, collections and account balances to ensure compliance to established credit limits and payment terms and minimize creditrisk.
· Develop and implement improvementstothe credit and collections functions, including new technology, automation, enhanced processes and procedures and other resources to improve efficiencies and effectiveness
· Monitor and identify emerging business sales trends in order to anticipate and appropriately handle customer and supplier credit implications
· Maximize profitability by establishing guidelines for the prudent extension of credittoactively grow the business while managing the receivablesriskprofile
·Workwithproduct and sales managementtobalance sales opportunitieswithan appropriaterisktolerance; effectively structure credit limits and negotiate credit terms to mitigateriskof loss
· Maintain regular awareness of trends and developments in creditriskassessment, scoring and modeling technologies,riskanalytics and financewitha focusonincorporating strategic continuous improvementstoprocesses.
· Establish and track key performance indicators to actively manage and improve workflow processes to ensure effective use of resources
· Recruit and manage credit andriskstaff, providing focus and clarity in establishing individual goals, driving performance management, supporting career development and rewarding strong performers.
· Plans, organizes, directs and evaluates the performance of staff; establishes performance requirements and personal development plans; regularly monitors performance and provides coaching, feedback and corrective action, as needed
· Possess understanding of and keep uptodatewithkey customer financial information and performance for the purpose of applyingriskmitigating measures.
· Coordinate credit throughout the companytoalign policies and procedures as well as mitigaterisks
·Bachelor’sdegreein Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting isrequired.
·Minimumof 15yearsof finance experience in a com…
About Vista Outdoor
Vista Outdoor Operations LLC is an American publicly traded "designer, manufacturer, and marketer" of outdoor sports and recreation products. The company operates in two segments, shooting sports and outdoor products. It is a "house of brands" with more than 30 labels and subsidiaries that produce ammunition, firearms, and outdoor accessories. The company trades under "VSTO" on the New York Stock Exchange.