Director Of Architecture – Consumer Data Analytics Jobs in Beaverton, OR at NIKE, Inc
Title: Director Of Architecture – Consumer Data Analytics
Company: NIKE, Inc
Location: Beaverton, OR
Salary: $150K — $200K *
Category: Retail & Consumer Goods
• Hire, inspire and lead a group of highly skilled architects to drive Nike’s digital transformation through data and analytics
• Shape the architecture vision and strategy for advanced analytics across Nike value chain, challenging current assumptions and driving innovative solutions
• Drive architecture strategy and design for consumer data engineering and management
• Lead architecture design for data scientists, data analysts, machine learning Engineers, and Product Owners responsible for building and deploying data-science toward Nike’s most complex challenges
• Influence and advise business and engineering teams across Nike to leverage the power of analytics and provide strategic advantage for Nike business
• Partner with reference architecture and platform teams to assess new technologies, patterns and frameworks in the industry to elevate Nike’s advanced analytics capabilities.
• Design for data privacy, security, quality and governance in partnership with business and technology teams that lead the charters for key non-functional requirements.
• Understand and articulate the needs of business and technical stakeholders via regular dialogue and proactively advise them on architecture principles and standards
• Lead planning and prioritization with a focus on strategic objectives and vision, balanced with business deliverables
• Manage through a matrixed culture of the organization and build consensus through collaboration and objective discussion.
WHAT YOU BRING TO NIKE
• MS/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
• 3+ years of experience leading advanced analytics engineering, data engineering, BI/ Reporting, and Data Science using a vast array of technologies, including open source
• 3+ years of experience building, coaching and leading architects, data scientists, or software engineers
• 2+ years of hands-on experience in marketing technology, and consumer data, including consumer behavior, marketing segmentation, acquisition and conversion measurement
• 2+ years of experience designing analytics foundation to support advanced analytics solutions such as personalization and recommendation engines, demand forecasting and inventory optimization, and supply planning
• 2+ years of experience building data visualization, BI/ Reporting and ad-hoc data access solutions for business leaders and analysts
• 3+ years of experience with cloud deployments, focused on scale, performance and reliability. AWS experience preferred
• 6+ years of experience working with programming languages such as Java, Perl or Python and open-source technologies such as Apache, Hadoop
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate at all levels of the organization
• Experience managing stakeholders and priorities in a matrixed environment
• Ability to pass a 7 year background investigation
Valid through: 9/4/2020
About NIKE, Inc
Nike, Inc. is an American multinational corporation that is engaged in the design, development, manufacturing and worldwide marketing and sales of footwear, apparel, equipment, accessories and services. The company is headquartered near Beaverton, Oregon, in the Portland metropolitan area. It is one of the worlds largest suppliers of athletic shoes and apparel and a major manufacturer of sports equipment, with revenue in excess of US$24.1 billion in its fiscal year 2012. As of 2012, it employed more than 44,000 people worldwide. In 2014 the brand alone was valued at $19 billion, making it the most valuable brand among sports businesses.