Director Product Development & Innovation Job at Sonora Quest Laboratories in Phoenix, Arizona 85034
Sonora Quest Laboratories, an independently run joint venture between Banner Health and Quest Diagnostics, is the nation’s largest integrated laboratory system with approximately 3,200 employees serving more than 26,000 patients every day throughout Arizona. We are the market share leader in clinical laboratory testing in Arizona, performing nearly 90 million diagnostic tests per year. We offer a local comprehensive test menu which encompasses routine, molecular, prescription drug monitoring, genetics/genomics, and pathology testing services. Ninety-eight percent of all testing is performed at our primary testing facilities located in Tempe, Tucson, Flagstaff, Prescott, and Yuma.
This position is the managerial professional who participates in the development of the strategic direction and objectives for information technology solutions. Evaluates and translates company plan and goals, forming department annual operating and capital budgets. Interacts with management across diverse areas and multiple states participating in the evaluation of company plan and initiatives to develop actionable projects and activities in support of the company’s infostructure and infrastructure.
1. Hires, trains, conducts performance evaluations, and supervises the workflow for designated staff. This includes initiating promotions, transfers and disciplinary actions. This includes establishing priorities, workloads, controls and work procedures, as well as determines resources needed.
2. Participates and may lead task forces to plan, implement, and coordinate facility activities to maximize service quality, effectiveness and efficiency.
3. Evaluates and participates in the development of the company strategic direction and plan and determines the high level design, direction, and coordination of information technology projects, and solutions. Ensures that department and company standards are implemented and consistently adhered to, ensuring current and future reliability and functionality.
4. Develops and oversees the department budget in conjunction with corporate goals and objectives. This position is accountable for meeting annual budgetary goals. Formulates multi-million dollar capital and operating budgets in support company’s strategic goals and mission. Assembles feasibility studies, request for information/proposal (RFI/RFP) and return on investment (ROI) calculations in defense of these budgets. Negotiates large scale contracts with vendors and monitors expenditures associated budgets.
5. Provides expertise and is the point person on behalf of information technology to JCAHO, Medicare, auditing firms and other regulatory agencies. Assures that departmental staff is trained and adheres to all local, state and federal regulations.
6. This position has company wide responsibility for a wide range of information technology projects, and hardware and software solutions. Work is performed in a fast paced multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities or tight deadlines. The incumbent has critical decision-making authority for projects, designs and solutions and works at peer level with management across diverse areas and multiple states. The incumbent develops content and participates in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, strategic and planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions system wide. Maintains and applies a broad expert knowledge of company policies, procedures, and legal and regulatory requirements.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent’s immediate manager.
- Must possess strong knowledge as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor’s degree in related field plus
- Progressive experience in a healthcare environment, or
- Equivalent combination of relevant education, technical, business and healthcare experience typically achieved in 10 years.
- Must demonstrate superb knowledge of information technology and healthcare.
- Needs considerable proven leadership experience in large scale project planning, reporting, and budgeting.
- Successful candidate will have skills and experience to recruit, mentor, motivate, evaluate, and retain an effective staff.
- Requires exceptional communication, presentation, and negotiation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Company: Sonora Quest Laboratories
Company Location: Phoenix, Arizona 85034