Director, Product Management Job at Enablon in Aurora, Illinois 60598
Director, Product Management
The Director, Product Management – Practice leader will be responsible for establishing and managing an overall product strategy that supports growth by maximizing retention of existing products, sales of new products to existing customers, exploitation of new growth areas and initiation of new product development. The Director, Product Management will be responsible for leading the transformation of selected practice area products lines into Expert Solutions. The Director will have revenue responsibility from a product perspective and works closely with sales, marketing, and market segment leads to ensure revenue plans are effectively managed while developing Expert Solutions over time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with business leaders and broader product organization to develop product vision and strategy for Expert Solutions
- Identify Partnerships and M&A opportunities to incorporate into long-term growth strategy
- Identify practice areas and solutions and develop business justifications and plans for approval / funding.
- Balance the management of product portfolios that are being maintained with those being invested in and transformed.
- Balance near term needs that can move the business forward with longer term multi-year initiatives.
- Oversee the execution and delivery of Expert Solutions project and products.
- Lead the cross-functional process for developing products in practice areas.
- Ensure that new product releases and enhancements are successful from a go-to-market perspective.
- Work with broader Product team and other stakeholders (e.g. GPO) to develop a strong understanding of customer needs and translate those needs into actionable customer requirements.
- Participate and represent LRUS in the market and to senior management.
- Be a spokesperson and evangelist for the digital first product strategy
- Assess, manage, mentor, and develop talent to ensure thoughtful and effective product management is leveraged across the organization
Education: Bachelor’s degree. MBA or JD preferred
- 10+ years’ experience with information or software solutions
- 5+ years’ experience in legal industry or related field
- 5+ years’ experience managing people
- Deep understanding of the legal domain and our other markets strongly desired
- A strong business mind with solid business acumen
- Exhibits strong leadership qualities and is decisive
Company Location: Aurora, Illinois 60598