Domiciliary Care Manager for Extra Care Scheme – 9 Month Mat Contract Job at The Orders of St Johns Care Trust in Witney
Domiciliary Care Manager for Extra Care Schemes
Contract: Fixed term, 9 months (Mat. Leave cover up to 9 months)
Salary: £37,000 pa
An exciting position has become vacant with the Orders of St John Care Trust: Domiciliary Care Manager. The proposed homes would be in Kidlingdon and Witney.
As a successful candidates, your duties will be:
To manage the delivery of care and support services across a number of schemes in line with legislative requirements and ensuring the service maintains financial viability.
- Manage the day to day running of the domiciliary care service, ensuring standards of care and schedule of visits to clients are maintained, in line with CQC standards
- Ensure accurate, concise and timely records of care given and other administrative documents relating to the provision of care and support
- Lead and develop your team leaders., to ensure they manage rotas, communicate to the team to ensure they are fully conversant with their duties and take appropriate action to remedy any unsatisfactory performance
- Ensure effective management of care packages, from referral through to assessment, quality assurance monitoring, ongoing review and termination of care packages.
- Understand responsibilities in relation to providing care and support, adhering to health and safety, food hygiene, fire precautions and emergency procedures, infection control and emergency aid and other Trust policies.
- Ensure the safeguarding of all clients through adherence to relevant legislation, procedures and codes of practice relating to care, health and safety, food hygiene, fire precautions and emergency procedures, infection control and emergency first aid.
- Active participation in training to ensure personal development and to build knowledge and competence relative to the role. Ensure employees are enrolled on relevant training courses and this is kept up to date
- To develop and maintain effective relationship with external agencies to ensure services are delivered effectively
- Take responsibility for identifying and resolving non-compliance
- Manage the financial viability of the schemes.
- Provide out of hours emergency assistance participating in the on call rota.
- Manage any matters pertaining to the maintenance of the building and equipment to the landlord (or agent).
Experience within a domiciliary care setting and/or Experience at a supervisory level is required
Willing to work towards or obtained Diploma in Health and Social Care Level 5 or equivalent
Leading and managing a team, dealing with performance issues, building morale and creating an inclusive culture.
Must be able to demonstrate literacy and numeracy skills in the English language
Apply now: we will love to hear from you!
- Flexible working hours
- On-site parking
- Employee discounts
- Company pension
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £37,000.00 /year
- Supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)
- Care: 3 years (Preferred)
- NVQ Level 5 in Health and Social Care Management (Preferred)
Company: The Orders of St Johns Care Trust
Company Location: Witney