Editorial Coordinator Job at New York, NY in New York, NY
Our Professional team develops and distributes market-leading digital learning solutions for the professional, medical, and test preparation communities. As an Editorial Coordinator, you will support in the development of innovative and adaptive learning solutions that allows you to stand up, have a voice, and make an impact. Your contribution to our portfolio of products will change lives and make a difference by empowering educators and engaging learners around the world.
Your impact on the team:
In this role, you will interact regularly with some of the leading global experts in academic medicine and aim to support editors by coordinating with the authors, physician, subject matter experts, freelancers, and internal teams from production, marketing, sales, and finance.
You will strive to keep your projects on track by driving data accuracy across multiple database repositories and applications.
A typical day might include:
- Directly supports the Clinical Medicine editorial team (Associate Editor, Senior Editor, and Executive Editor). Works closely with editorial staff in the Medical group as well as members in other departments.
- Point of contact for authors and technical editors regarding any problems; effectively troubleshoot the problems to resolution.
- Schedule and host weekly Pre-Editorial Board Meeting and bi-weekly Production status meeting.
- Manage paperwork related to books including proposals, contracts, purchase orders, check disbursement requests, freelance technical reviewer invoices, ISBN requests, author and reviewer book copies, etc.
- Using internal production and marketing databases for keeping information and coordinate issues around book project entries and metadata.
- Manage reprint process, facilitating changes from author when books are up for reprint and forwarding changes on schedule to production team.
- Ensure contracts and royalty transmittals are processed in a timely manner and take initiative to ensure process is followed.
What can you bring to the role?
- Previous publishing experience preferred.
- Excellent project and time management skills, with the ability to act independently and to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Able to develop relations with the vendors, authors, internal and external teams.
- Effectively using Windows and MS Office suite, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint and ability to learn proprietary applications (iPub, PDH, etc.)
As an education innovation company, we’re proud to play our part by inspiring learners around the world. If you bring your curiosity, we’ll help you grow in a collaborative environment where everyone shares a passion for success.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Apply for a career at McGraw Hill and together, we’ll impact the world.
Company: New York, NY
Company Location: New York, NY