Electrical Apprentice Job at Adams Construction Group – in Virginia
Elk River Development (ERD) is a residential construction partner company of Adams Construction Group. We are currently seeking a hardworking, reliable individual to fill a construction laborer opening in our quickly expanding company.
What We Offer
· Competitive salary and benefits.
· Personal Time Off, Sick Leave, and Observation of the Federal Holiday Schedule.
· Health/Dental/Vision insurance.
· A small firm with direct access to leadership and ability to contribute impactful decision making.
Potential to grow into more senior leadership roles as the company grows.
Electricians are highly hands-on and are involved in day-to-day work with electrical systems. This may include installing and repairing electrical networks in industrial, domestic and commercial settings. In this role your daily activities will include: testing, repairing, installing and maintaining electrical circuits and wiring.
By starting your electrical apprenticeship you’ll also be involved in:
- Reviewing wiring diagrams and blueprints to determine sequences and methods of operation.
- Measuring and laying out installation points.
- Connecting wires and cables to terminal points and connectors.
- Diagnosing and testing wiring faults by using electronic equipment.
- Installing electrical switchboards.
- Testing refrigeration and air-conditioning systems
- Testing, adjusting and installing electrical parts within lifts.
· Must be able to take direction, work well independently and as part of a team for efficiency and productivity.
· Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in construction project settings.
· Maintain positive relationships with subcontractors, suppliers and all employees.
· 1+ experience within the construction industry.
· Must be fluent in English.
· Access to reliable transportation.
· Must be authorized to work in the US and able to be cleared to access government facilities.
Must present ability to:
· Demonstrate a positive attitude and be punctual.
· Take initiative and seek responsibility.
· Place an emphasis on quality, efficiency, safety and attention to detail.
This description is a summary and not an exhaustive attempt at covering every activity and task of the job. The incumbent should be able to react to change productively and to handle other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Electrical Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company: Adams Construction Group –
Company Location: Virginia