Electrical Engineer – RF Jobs in Albuquerque, NM at Applied Technology Associates
Title: Electrical Engineer – RF
Company: Applied Technology Associates
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Salary: $100K – $150K*
Category: Aerospace & Defense
Working as a team-member of the Embedded Systems group, the Electrical Engineer will design, simulate, and test electrical subsystems for terrestrial RF applications and products. Electrical engineers at ATA provide support in circuit design, simulation, test, troubleshooting, printed circuit board design, cable and wiring diagram, and system integration.
The Electrical Engineer’s duties will include:
– Circuit design
– Spice simulation
– Schematic capture
– Printed-circuit-board layout
– Electrical circuit test and troubleshooting
– Cable harness design
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Altium Designer experience strongly preferred
– Microsoft Visio for cables drawings
– Experience designing, simulating, capturing, and performing circuit card assembly layout
for Radio Frequency devices to include: frequency converters, high power amplifiers,
receivers, and exciters
– Candidate must have a background in planar microwave structures and layout techniques to
include: filter design, transmission line design (microstrip, co-planar waveguide,
stripline, etc.), RF transitions / impedance matching, and RF shielding techniques
– Prefer a mixed signal background, performing design of complex CCA, which feature RF,
digital, and power functions
– Understanding of isolation of ground loops, being able to diagnose and troubleshoot
grounding issues within a system
– Understanding of popular communications interfaces including RS232, RS422, RS485, SPI,
I2C, Ethernet, Power busses
This job operates in a professional office environment. This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines and other equipment as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position may require long hours and weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
– Bachelor’s degree in relevant Engineering (Electrical, Computer System Software, Aerospace,
etc.) from an accredited four-year university
– More than 5 years of experience with RF-related circuit card assembly design
– U.S. Citizen, able to obtain and maintain a U.S. DoD Clearance
– Master’s degree in Engineering or other relevant Engineering (Electrical, Computer System
Software, Aerospace, etc.) from an accredited four-year university
– More than 8 years of experience in R…