Engineer, Software Jobs in Charleston, SC at Benefit Focus
Title: Engineer, Software
Company: Benefit Focus
Location: Charleston, SC
Salary: $80K – $100K*
Category: Enterprise Technology
As aSoftware Engineerassociate, you are expected to work independently, and within teams, leading the development of software features. They are involved with the early stages of mentoring other team members and helping with identifying process improvements for the team.
• Working on the front-end, in the Insights team, responsible for data visualizations.
• Implements features of the application and is proficient in one or more of the feature or components.
• Leads independently and completes all assigned tasks correctly and efficiently.
• Works with Advanced software engineers on technical designs.
• Ensures code functions according to specifications and their work is completed within the allotted time frame and with high quality.
• Provides direction to other team members by being available to answer questions and perform code reviews.
• Shows direction in improving coding standards and product lines by suggesting new ideas and methods to incorporate into our existing procedures.
• Requires the ability to work well with others in and out of the scrum team.
• Ensures goals of team are being met by reporting any issues that hinder productivity or stability of product.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Recommended 1-4 years of experience in software development.
• Understands UI concepts, and agile methodology.
• Familiar with JSP, Tomcat
• Proficient with version control systems preferably GIT, and Jenkins.
• Motivated to learn Hadoop/ Cloudera (HDFS, Hive, HBase, Druid, Storm, Oozi).
• Motivated, self-starter results-oriented team player willing to do “whatever it takes” in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
• Has successfully achieved consistent results and mastery of the competencies at the previous levels.