Environmental Services Worker Job at Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) – in Kentville, NS
Nova Scotia Health employs professionals in all corners of our beautiful province. We believe there’s a place here for everyone to call home, from vibrant cities with exuberant nightlife to quaint towns with picturesque trails. The work-life balance that comes with an Nova Scotia Health role means you’ll have the time to explore, discover, and participate in that coveted Atlantic lifestyle. Visit us today and check out www.novascotia.com to see why more people from across the globe are moving here.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager – Facility Support Services, the Environmental Service Worker maintains a clean, safe, and functional environment for patients, families, staff and visitors.
The Environmental Services Worker is responsible for cleaning all units as assigned, including patient rooms and public areas. This includes but is not limited to: mopping, dusting and vacuuming furniture, floors and stairways, buffing, scrubbing and refinishing floors, moving and arranging furniture and changing curtains and drapes.
The Environmental Services Worker ensures that the principles and practices that guide our work such as the mission, vision, values, expected behaviours, the leadership philosophy, organizational health, population health, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and interprofessional collaboration are integrated within the services they provide and through the messages they deliver.
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated judgment and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated accountability and responsibility.
- Demonstrated planning, organizing, prioritizing and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively under and with minimal supervision and take initiative.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and innovation.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning and professional development.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- This position requires that the incumbent be available for all shifts.
- Travel to other sites may be required. Access to a reliable vehicle is required.
- Equipment training is provided on the job.
- Equipment operated includes taski spray buffers, burnishers, auto scrubbers and shampooers.
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application. Candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or missing information.
Hours of Work
Permanent Full-Time position, 75 hours bi-weekly.
$17.09 – $17.80 hourly
Once You’ve Applied
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is a Support bargaining unit – CUPE position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Employees are encouraged to view their seniority hours and dates in their SuccessFactors online profile. Successful applicants changing unions, bargaining units or employment status, are advised to seek clarification regarding their seniority, benefits, and vacation entitlement and/or usage, prior to accepting the position.
As per the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Protocol in High-Risk Settings, Nova Scotia Health requires all team members to be fully vaccinated by November 30th, 2021.
Nova Scotia Health is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians, People of Colour, Persons with Disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ and Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Company: Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) –
Company Location: Kentville, NS