Estimator Jobs in Brighton – England – UK at Richmond Associates
Company: Richmond Associates
Location: Brighton – England – UK
Type: Full Time
Category: Construction, Engineering
Salary: Salary 30000 GBP Yearly GBP 30000 YEAR
Our independent client need a new HVAC / Mechanical Estimator.
Key Duties –
The production of accurate estimates during the tender period and ensure that quotations are correctly qualified (review tenders with Director)
Prepare & analyse all costings for tenders (schedule of rates, daywork, etc)
Maximise any commercial opportunity that may arise during and after the tender period.
Carefully plan the best use of resources available within and outside your department.
Technical ability and understanding of building services (Air Conditioning, General Mechanical, Heating, etc).
The production of accurate tenders in the relevant time periods.
Manage & priorities heavy workloads
Provide advice and guidance to other Contracts staff with regards to current pricing levels.
Self-check/inspect tender processes are being employed at regular intervals to ensure high accuracy levels/correct standards are being met.
Assist/co-operate with company audits covering adherence to company set procedures and policies.
Respond & follow up any sales enquiries, using the appropriate methods
Back-Up and Support = Monitor resources and arrange back up in the event of colleague absence or in times of high activity. Provide on-site back-up in event of colleague absences.
Documentation = Ensure that all documentation is completed accurately and/or revised to ensure quality levels are maintained to the required standard.
To prepare hand over documentation for the Contracts Department for successful tenders.
Meetings = To attend as required estimating and general staff meetings, internal hand over meetings, design team, external client tender review meetings.
Time Management = Plan and prioritise own work schedules to ensure allocated tasks and responsibilities are implemented
Person Specification –
• Five years work experience in a similar role/environment
• Technical background from with the air conditioning &/or building services sectors
• Qualification and experience of estimating in the field of mechanical building services
• PC skills at an intermediate level including experience of computerised estimating software systems
• Well developed interpersonal communication skills
• Able to work with minimal supervision and use own initiative
• Knowledge of building services industry
• Understanding of mechanical services and the interface between electrical and mechanical services
• Professional approach to work and colleagues
• Able to work well under pressure
• Ability to multi-task whilst keeping organised
• High accuracy level and attention to detail, observant
• Pro-active, sociable and amenable
Immediate interview for the right candidate