EWR Temporary Full Time Link Worker – 2 POsitions Job at KSAN SOCIETY – in Terrace, BC
Position: Temporary Full-time Link Worker
Program: Extreme Weather Response
Location: 4444 Lakelse Ave
Bargaining Unit: BCGEU
Classification: Transition House Worker – Grid 10
Rate of Pay: $21.63-$25.19
Job Description: Using a trauma informed lens, the Link Worker provides emotional support, security, advocacy, information,
education, crisis intervention, and referrals to clients.
Qualifications: Diploma in a related human/social service-related field and one (1) year recent related experience. Or an equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Assesses clients’ immediate needs and assists them to define and implement
- Monitors and ensures the safety and comfort of residents and the security of the
facility. Facilitates resolution of conflicts between clients
- Provides support for overdose prevention.
- Provides emotional support, encouragement, goal setting, and problem solving
support to clients.
- Develops and facilitates house activities and/or support group meetings.
- Acts as liaison between other Ksan staff to provide support to clients as needed.
- Liaises with other service agencies and professionals. Maintains current
knowledge of issues and resources related to population of clients served.
- Answers door and provides information and support to folks on resources
available. Recommends appropriate services and provides advocacy for clients.
- Assists with filling out relevant forms for services such as housing applications
and referrals for counselling and detox.
- Facilitates activities and/or support group meetings.
- Answers and provides crisis support to callers.
- Maintains notes, client records, documents, and appropriate forms.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Hours of Work: 72/ hrs bi-weekly—2 positions available
Posting Date: September 14, 2021
Closing Date: September 21, 2021
Start Date: October 1, 2021
Duration: until March 31, 2022
This position is open to applicants who identify as male or female and does require the use of personal automobile to complete job
Please respond to: [email protected]
Company: KSAN SOCIETY –
Company Location: Terrace, BC