Export Operations Manager Job at Koyanagi Worldwide Limited in East London
Export Operations Manager required
Recruiter: Koyanagi Worldwide Ltd
Salary: £32, 500
Industry : Export Operations Manager
Job level : Must have previous managerial experience within logistics or international removals industry
Hours : Full time
Contract : Permanent
A leading international removal/transportation company in the UK is looking for an Export Operations Manager to join their dynamic team. The company is looking for an individual who strives to deliver their customers a cheerful reunion with their belongings and possessions.
Koyanagi Worldwide was founded in 1976 as the first ever Japanese removal company in London. They have been in service for 44 years having built an enviable reputation within the sector. The Export Operations Manager is expected to deliver a groundbreaking service in all aspects of the role and maintain the high standards set by company over the years.
The Operations Manager is expected to utilise his/her network of contacts worldwide and ensure company targets are met. For this purpose, an Operations Manager is required to be fluent in Japanese and English, for the purposes of liaising with customers and the company’s offices based in Manchester, France, Germany, Belgium, and Holland.
This role will be based in London.
· To oversee the export operations of the business, as well as manage the customer service desks.
· The candidate must have previous managerial experience within logistics or international removals industry.
· To oversee the administration of the correct documentation for shipping and air freight of personal effects and commercial cargo worldwide in a timely manner.
· To liaise with agents worldwide with regard to customs clearance procedures, and maintain and develop good relationships with them.
· The candidate will be required negotiate rates with freight forwarders, and maintain and develop relations with them.
· Assist customer services team with maintaining and developing relations with existing and new accounts, ensuring the shipments are dealt with in a timely manner.
· The candidate will need to have a proven experience of operating standard logistics software such as MoveMan, as well as be proficient in Word/Excel/Outlook.
· The candidate will be required to be the main contributing factor towards designing and implementing a new cloud software for our logistics operations for our UK and European branches.
· Must be able to work on their own, achieving set targets within set time frames, as well as oversee and contribute to targets for customer services.
· Excellent Managerial & Leadership Skills
· Must have previous managerial experience within logistics or international removals industry
· Due to the company’s clientele it is required that the candidate is fluent in Japanese
· Excellent Written and Communication Skills
· Self-motivated with excellent organisational skills and ability to build and maintain relationships
Date of posting: 24th March 2020
Closing date: 23rd April 2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Company: Koyanagi Worldwide Limited
Company Location: East London