Extended Learning Community Liaison Job in Thornton, CO at Adams County School District 12
NOTE: This is a temporary, grant funded position and is funded through July 2024. Schedule will be determined based on business needs but ability to work some nights and weekends is required.
SUMMARY: This position facilitates communication with and provides community navigation for students and their families to better meet the social and academic needs of participants in district Out-of-School Time (OST) programs. Responsible for providing comprehensive needs assessments, planning, advocacy, and follow-up for the Office of Extended Learning students and families in order to remove barriers that impede students’ academic and social-emotional success; this includes coordinating and communicating with various district departments, school staff, parents/guardians, and community agencies. Fluency in Spanish and English is required. Provide transportation to and from programs/locations when necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequency and percentage of time may vary by location.
1. Providing comprehensive needs assessments, planning, advocacy, and community resource navigation for Extended Learning students and families. Fostering personal connection and relationships with students and families in order to provide effective services and follow-up. Develop and mentor relationships with students, parents, district personnel, and the community by facilitating and organizing activities such as monthly Family Nights and year-end student showcases. Facilitate culturally relevant activities that may occur after school hours. Attend and participate in Parent Advisory committee meetings and related events to ensure parents understand and have access to full participation in their child’s education. Support the implementation of new, and expand upon, current monthly family events.
2. Support welcoming, inclusive, and culturally responsive environments. Publish quarterly newsletter highlighting programmatic offerings and manage calendar of events. Visit programs as necessary. Be knowledgeable of and able to support implementation strategies reflective of Best Practice as related to engaging all families. Provide regular communication and outreach to students and families regarding grant appropriate programming and collaborate, develop, and facilitate grant relevant activities that take place after school or during evening hours.
3. Support in the identification and enrollment of new students according to established protocols. Coordinating and communicating with school district departments, school staff, and community organizations in order to effectively match student and family needs to appropriate services. Attending meetings with and on behalf of students and families both at school and in the community. Participating in outreach events and providing training to district and school staff about the unique needs of students and families participating in district extended learning programs. May conduct home visits as needed.
4. Collaborating with outside community organizations to increase access to opportunities for academic and social success. Seeking out and facilitating opportunities for youth and families to access local programming opportunities that support mental and emotional wellness, including summer programming, adult education, service learning, and recreation.
5. Assemble and lead the Extended Learning Parent Advisory Council to gather and collect feedback data, give voice to the parents/guardians of students participating in OST programs, and to inform continuous improvement efforts as it relates specifically for parent engagement.
6. Perform other job related duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelors preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience required in community outreach, education, social work, psychology, or a related field.
- Spoken and written fluency in Spanish as well as English required.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- Current driver’s license required.
- Copy of MVR Report
- Must be meet district’s insurance requirements to drive a district vehicle within 90 days of hire.
All Classified positions are paid on an hourly basis. All Newly hired classified employees are placed initially on Step 1 of the pay grade for their position. Classified employees can advance an additional 7 steps (maximum Step 8) based on their previous experience. Final hourly placement on the Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade Level for the position being posted and employees’ previous work experience. “Grade” refers to position or job classification and “Step” refers to the number of work experience credit or service years. See our for hourly rates. For additional compensation information, please refer to .
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is committed to providing an environment that promotes a healthy employee population able to serve our students at the highest level. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit eligible employees. The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date). To learn more about our benefits including paid time off, please see our .
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
Powered by Aspex Solutions – AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions – You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs – all from AppliTrack school districts.
About the Company
Company: Adams County School District 12
Company Location: Thornton, CO