Facilities Manager – AC Hotel by Marriott Melbourne Southbank Job at Marriott International, Inc – in Melbourne VIC
Job Number 21103861
Job Category Engineering & Facilities
Location AC Hotel Melbourne Southbank, 199-201 Normanby Road, Melbourne, VICTORIA, Australia
Brand AC Hotels
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
At AC Hotels, we believe attention to detail is the greatest form of generosity we can offer. Whether it’s the artful pour of a drink or the elegant line of a chaise, AC Hotels believes that if we have time to make it, we have time to make it beautiful. Our guests recognize and appreciate the edited beauty of AC Hotels. They feel connected to us through a shared concern for details. They enjoy feeling a part of our small, discrete, global tribe. In fact, the feeling of being among like-minded people is a significant part of the AC appeal.
We’re looking for cultural innovators to join our team. If you are someone who has an inner creativity and love for art, design and culture, then we invite you to explore a career with AC Hotels.
Our first AC Hotel in Australia comprises of 205 rooms and is 39 levels above ground, of which Hotel facilities occupy up to level 19. The higher portion of the building is allocated to residential apartments. The hotel boasts 3 food and beverage outlets – AC Kitchen (all day dining restaurant), AC Bar and the AC Pool Bar with both indoor and outdoor seating. Meeting facilities include a 152 sqm function room that can be divided into three separate areas coupled with 46sm of pre-function space. Recreational facilities include a pool and fitness center.
This exciting new hotel provides an opportunity for the right candidate to lead and build the AC brand in Australia. The hotel is projected to open in Q1, 2022.
Manages all engineering/maintenance operations, including maintaining the building, grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Responsible for maintaining regulatory requirements. Assists in leading the emergency response team for all facility issues.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 1 year experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Engineering Operations and Budgets
- Manages the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment and electrical systems.
- Ensures regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards.
- Manages and controls heat, light and power and recommends current best methods for energy conservation and economical facility operations.
- Develops specifications and requirements for service contracts and administers such contracts to support building needs.
- Distributes preventive maintenance and repair work orders and monitors timeliness and quality of completion.
- Oversees and directs the maintenance of grounds, guestrooms, public space, restaurants, property vehicles and recreational facilities.
- Develops a long term plan for preventative maintenance and asset protection and overseeing execution of plan.
- Develops project plans in accordance with renovation or new construction needs.
- Contacts contractors for bids and supervising construction to ensure timely completion of projects within budgetary guidelines.
- Builds positive relationships with external customers such as city building/zoning department, fire prevention bureau and vendors.
- Ensures fire crew has complete understanding of all procedures, equipment and alarms.
- Performs monthly property inspection to ensure buildings and grounds are maintained in excellent condition.
- Conducts guest room and common area inspection to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work required.
- Recommends or arranges for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
- Selects and orders or purchasing new equipment, supplies, and furnishings.
- Manages parts and equipment inventory.
Maintaining Property Standards
- Ensures building and equipment licenses and certifications are current.
- Maintains property life safety systems (fire fighting equipment, sprinkler systems and alarm systems).
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Shares plans with property leadership and ensuring corrective action is taken to continuously improve guest satisfaction.
- Strives to improve service performance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Company: Marriott International, Inc –
Company Location: Melbourne VIC