FedEx Dulles Airport Delivery Driver 8am-5pm, Full Time $900 per week Job at Independent Contractor seeking drivers – in Manassas, VA
Independent FedEx contractor looking for delivery driver for the Dulles Airport and the surrounding area.
Terminal where you dispatch from and return the vehicle to at the end of every day is located in Chantilly.
This route is a mix of pick ups and deliveries at the Dulles Airport and the surrounding Sterling area and does around 80 combined stops per day.
The deliveries are mostly businesses and few residential.
The daily hours for this route will be 8am -5pm,
- Minimum 1 year proven working experience driving a truck or a bigger van in the past 3 years;
- No DUI’s and no more than two minor tickets in the past three (3) years;
- No accidents where you were at fault;
- Must meet all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulatory requirements;
- Must possess an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) based on hiring standards;
- Must agree to a background check, pre-employment drug screen, random drug screens, and DOT physical test
(all of the tests are paid for by Fed Ex).
MUST be 21 years old to be considered for this position.
MUST be able to pass and follow IAD Dulles Airport safety protocols regulations test and a background check.
Daily Duties include but not limited to:
-Operate vehicle in safe manner at all times and obey all DOT rules and regulations;
- Perform daily Pre and Post inspection on vehicle;
- Efficiently pack vehicle for deliveries (there are loaders that load the vehicles but you have to sort few boxes every day);
- Work independently and as part of a team;
- Provide exceptional customer service and maintain appropriate communication with operating officer;
- Accurately operate scanner/effectively track delivery process;
- Consistently follow route and time schedule.
The packages are different shapes and sizes and the max weight limit is 150lbs and even though you’re not expected to lift those packages, you will have to able to handle them and deliver them in a safe manner.
This position provides health insurance after 30 days of employment.
There are ten days paid time off per year but you must wait three months after employment to use any.
Major holidays when we don’t work are paid for.
This is a full time position and first pay raise comes after a year of employment.
There are available shifts Saturday and Sunday for extra pay if you’re available.
If interested please email resume and include reason for leaving previous job, where do you live (so we can see how far you’re from the terminal) and how soon can you start.
Thanks for looking
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $900.00 per week
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driving: 1 year (Required)
- Fluent English (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Company: Independent Contractor seeking drivers –
Company Location: Manassas, VA