Finance Assistant Job at Boomf in Reading
Boomf is all about sending more than a card. Our products allow you to send a memory, an experience and a keepsake all in one that long outlasts the initial celebration. We are a UK-based company selling personalised cards, sweets and gifts. We operate from our office in Bethnal Green, London and our new factory in Reading. We battle all the British elements (well, the rain!) to ensure all orders placed before 2pm GMT are shipped the same day.
Our customers love sharing videos of their loved ones opening our products. Check us out on Facebook, Instagram or Tiktok to find out what Boomf is really about!
About the role
Boomf has been growing rapidly for the last three years and now we need a Finance Assistant to help support our next stage of growth. The key focus for the Finance Assistant will be to manage all financial aspects of revenue, margin, stock and procurement. However, you may be required to support the CFO across any area of finance, as required, from monthly reporting and analysis to bank reconciliations. We are a small, busy team, so a flexible approach is essential.
What makes this role a bit different is that the Finance Assistant will work closely with our Buyers to support them financially and commercially throughout the product development and purchasing cycles.
This role would suit an experienced finance assistant, bookkeeper or accountant, who also has a passion for product.
- Experience of stock, revenue and margin accounting
- Understanding of procurement processes and best practice
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- Experience working independently to manage a range of finance tasks
- Confident in presenting a commercial and financial perspective in a range of situations, including to senior stakeholders
- Able to implement best practice working processes in areas that are developing and changing rapidly
- Experience working in fast paced environment and managing multiple priorities
- Flexible and pragmatic approach
- Experience working with Buyers in a retail, manufacturing or similar environment
- Experience working with merchandising / stock management systems
Working hours and location
This role is advertised as full time, 40 hours per week, to be based in our Factory office in Reading RG1. However, we are open to any reasonable flexible working proposal made by the right candidate.
If you think you can tick a lot of these boxes, please get in touch with a CV!
- Work from home opportunities
- Profit sharing/share options
- Flexible working hours
Application Deadline: 30/04/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00 /year
- finance: 3 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Company Location: Reading