Financial Manager Job at Sanlam – in Bellville, Western Cape
Sanlam Investments Group is one of South Africa’s largest investment management companies. We have a performance history spanning over 100 years, and offer a range of investment and financial planning solutions to protect and grow the long-term wealth of our clients.
We take particular pride in:
- Sanlam’s longevity and innovation
- People, teamwork and values
- A culture of diversity and commitment to growing our own timber
- Our robust, tested and proven pragmatic investment process and philosophy
Our local and offshore investment products cover the full investment spectrum: active and passive; single and multi-manager – both locally and internationally. Our active funds range are managed according to our pragmatic value investing style. What will you do?
- Financial reporting of designated investment cluster businesses
- Management and statutory financial reporting, including consolidation
- Ensuring that financial records are maintained which are comprehensive, up to date, accurate and meet legal and regulatory requirements
- Tax and VAT compliance
- Project management of specific financial Cluster initiatives throughout the year
- Stakeholder management with specific focus on business strategy and involvement in the various businesses of Sanlam Investment Group
- Management of budget process of designated businesses
- Assist with financial analyses or responsible for a division providing financial accounting services.
- Applies principles of accounting to analyse financial information and prepare financial reports.
- Compiles and analyses financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Prepares balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers.
- Audits contracts, orders and vouchers and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
- Installs, modifies, documents and coordinates implementation of accounting systems and control procedures.
- May have supervisory and/or client relationship responsibilities. What will make you successful in this role?
- Experience within financial services would be advantageous
- Experience in consolidations will be highly advantageous
- Ideally 1-3 years’ experience within a Financial Accounting role
- Qualified CA Qualification and Experience Degree or Diploma with 2 to 3 years related experience. Knowledge and Skills Financial Queries and Recommendations Financial Controls Financial Reporting Financial Information Review Financial Analysis Personal Attributes Communicates effectively – Contributing through others Financial acumen – Contributing through others Decision quality – Contributing through others Optimises work processes – Contributing through others Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its four business clusters – Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment Group, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Santam, as well as MiWay and the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development. Core Competencies Being resilient – Contributing through others Collaborates – Contributing through others Cultivates innovation – Contributing through others Customer focus – Contributing through others Drives results – Contributing through others Turnaround time
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers. Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensure a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.
Company: Sanlam –
Company Location: Bellville, Western Cape