Financial Planning & Analysis Manager Job at Look Ahead Housing and Care – in Westminster
The job requirements are detailed below. Where applicable the skills, qualifications and memberships required for this job have also been included.
Application closing date
25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more
Full Time, Permanent
Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Recruiting for a Financial Planning and Analysis Manager to join our team in Westminster!
GBP £ 53,000 per annum, working 35 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
The FP&A will lead the Assistant and Trainee Management accountants to deliver first class financial planning and reporting to Look Ahead. They will manage and develop the two Assistant Management Accountants and a Trainee Management Accountant. They will lead the budget and forecasting processes for the organisation ensuring a smooth process, working with budget holders to ensure that plans reflect local business plans. They will lead on the compilation of monthly management accounts, ensuring that accounts are accurate and on time. They will have a sound understanding of the business and its environment, actively participating in the delivery of Look Ahead’s growth strategy.
A priority for the Look Ahead finance team over the coming year to review its finance systems and design what these will look like in the future. This role will be pivotal in this process and in change managing any improvements identified.
The post-holder will be required to:
- Monitor the financial performance of LACS against budget and Forecast Investigate reasons for variances and trends and advise business managers of any significant items and the reasons for them.
- Coordinate the preparation of the monthly management accounts for SMT and the Operations Managers, including a written commentary and analysis.
- Manage and lead the Assistant Management Accountants and Trainer Management Accountant, ensuring that regular month end and planning processes are running smoothly, that journals and reports are accurate.
- Ensure the Assistant Management Accountant development needs are addressed. Ensure annual PDRS and regular supervision meetings are implemented
- Lead and coordinate the annual budgeting and forecast processes, working to deadlines as dictated by SLT and Board. Ensure budgets reflect local business plans and all budget holders understand and are accountable for their budgets.
- Work with the Finance Business Partner to ensure that Financial Reporting for the Operations Directors is streamlined and accurate
- Lead change management for Financial Reporting and Planning processes as part of the Finance Systems Review Project
- Seek to continuously improve all budgeting, planning, forecasting and reporting processes to better serve strategic and operational needs.
- Prepare relevant information for the statutory financial accounts as required by the Financial Accountant
- Promote a strong customer service ethos within the Finance team
- Undertake ad hoc projects as required
- Comply with the organisation’s equal opportunities policies and practices
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead
- A strong leader with excellent interpersonal skills
- Socially adept, networks widely, well connected in sector, influential
- Approachable, open & professional behaviour
- At ease in directing others, is assertive and independent minded, will challenge others, and skilled in resolving conflict
- Drives change, enjoys dynamic diverse environments and demonstrates entrepreneurialism, creativity and innovation
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is passionate and enthusiastic about the business
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
- Is Customer focussed
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
It is essential that the post holder has a relevant professional finance qualification (CIMA, ACCA etc). They must have strong financial and analytical skills and experience of leading planning processes or organisations or departments.
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at work and are accredited with the Inclusive Employers Standard 2020. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
Company: Look Ahead Housing and Care –
Company Location: Westminster