Fleet Mechanic 3 Job at Swift Transportation in Winter Haven, Florida
Primary Purpose and Essential Functions: Complete a quality preventative maintenance inspection and repairs on all company owned equipment, to include tractors, trailers, refrigerated units and support equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment to appropriate specifications (OEM, DOT, Swift, etc).
- Inspect, analyze, troubleshoot, diagnose and perform minor and/or complex repairs for all equipment.
- Disassemble, repair and re-assemble of Heavy Tuck & Trailer components; including but not limited to; refrigerated units, diesel engines, transmissions, axles and any other components or systems.
- Assist any shop personnel as needed to create a cohesive and well-rounded shop environment centered around learning.
- Perform tire maintenance to include: repairs, failure analysis, coding, identification.
- Perform offsite repairs to include all roadside breakdowns as directed by leadership.
- May be required to test drive equipment if certified.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Proactively work to assist others in achieving the organization’s objectives.
- Skills: Demonstrated/proven superior customer service skills. Ability to read and understand repair manuals, understanding and ability to complete/fill tags and repair orders. Ability to use and learn various diagnostic software used on tractor/trailers. Must possess excellent computer skills.
- Education: High School Diploma GED or graduation required. Drivers license required.
- Experience Required: Five (5) years’ related experience and/or training required.
Company: Swift Transportation
Company Location: Winter Haven, Florida