Food Service Worker/Cashier Job at MedStar Health – 3.7 in Baltimore, MD
Food service job, no late hours and great pay!
You will work primarily in the food service operation, handling cash and credit transactions from MedStar/Sodexo customers. You’ll assist in setup and serving of food from counters and steam tables and will be cleaning and sanitizing equipment and work stations. You must accurately operate the cash register/POS and complete the transactions. A key function of your job will be to support to the retail operation, including setup, maintaining supplies and products, and assisting in cleanup and closedown. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but MedStar/Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position.
High School Diploma and about 1 year of customer/food service experience preferred!
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Positive, respectful professional with good communication skills (written and verbal). Honesty and ethics are key.
Basic computer skills preferred.
Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
Basic food-handling skills needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
2. Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams as appropriate. Participates in meetings, serves on committees and represents the department and hospital/facility in community outreach efforts as appropriate.
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
4. Operates a cash register (or equivalent), receives payments of cash, checks and charges from customers or employees for goods or services, making change and issuing receipts or tickets to customers.
5. Responsible for accurate ring of proper PLU for sale items and/or accurate barcode scan.
6. Maintains proper security of cash at all times.
7. May assist in locating, reconciling and verifying the accuracy of transactions and operate peripheral equipment that records and supports non-cash transactions.
8. May also be required to prepare for service before the meal and clean the dining room after the meal (wiping tables, vacuuming the floor, cleaning chairs, ensuring the acceptable appearance of the dining area).
9. May set up and stock the beverage area, grab and go items, service ware and condiments or other assigned areas.
10. Sets up stations with entrees, soups, salads, breads, condiments, other food products and utensils.
11. Serves and replenishes food from counters and steam tables (sometimes using a conveyor food belt), and breaks down stations at the end of meal periods.
12. Cleans and sanitizes workstations, counters, steam tables and other equipment.
13. Interacts with customers in the serving and dining areas.
14. Assists customers with opening containers and cutting food when requested.
15. Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
16. Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
17. Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
18. May maintain inventory, stock, and requisitions as well as complete assigned tasks from management every day.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Company: MedStar Health – 3.7
Company Location: Baltimore, MD