FRONT DESK Job in Westborough, MA at Sonesta Boston – Westborough
$1,000 SIGNING BONUS – paid over time
At PEG Hospitality Group it’s our associates that make us successful, and we believe in taking good care of them. Both full and part-time associates are eligible to enroll in our benefit plan offerings after you have completed 30 days with us. Additionally, you’ll be eligible to receive paid time off and holiday pay. We also offer generous parental leave benefits, a 401k savings plan, hotel stay discounts. If you need your pay a little earlier, we have you covered with our partner, PayActive. Treating one another with respect, inspiring each other to be our best, and being diligent in the work we do, are our core values. If these are important to you and you want to find a place where your hard work and commitment are appreciated and rewarded, join us!
JOB SUMMARY: Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest’s stay. Verifies the guest’s method of payment and follows established credit-checking procedures. Answers questions about hotel and local area and attractions. Adheres to all brand standards as it relates to front office processes and procedures. Accurately posts charges to guest rooms. Communicates with all departments in the hotel to ensure an exceptional experience for the guest.
- Register guests and assigns rooms. Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
- Assists in pre-registration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
- Thoroughly understand and adheres to proper credit, check- cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Must be sales minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and helps in making choices. Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Works closely with the housekeeping department in the keeping room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette.
- Performs cashiering tasks like bill/invoice settlement, posting charges to the guest, paid out’s.
- Communicate services and amenities of the hotel to guests.
- Obtain proper identification for tax-exempt guests and attach the form to registration card.
- Reads and initials the pass-on log and bulletin board daily. Is aware of daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
- Attends department meetings.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures, is aware of accident prevention policies.
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area.
- Other duties as necessary and assigned by management.
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time as customary in a hotel front office environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- High School diploma or GED desired.
- Previous experience in a hotel environment or customer service required.
Days of the week will vary. Shifts are typically 7a-3p or 3p-11p
About the Company
Company: Sonesta Boston – Westborough
Company Location: Westborough, MA