Front Desk Attendant Job at Coast Mental Health in Vancouver, BC
Coast Mental Health (Coast) is one of the largest mental health non-profit societies in Canada, and operates a large array of innovative housing and community based rehabilitation services for people with a mental illness living in and around Vancouver. Coast operates in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia providing approximately 1000 people with supportive housing and 4000 clients living in the community with a wide variety of programs and services.
Coast fosters a client-driven, recovery-oriented environment that promotes restoring health, personal growth and a return to society for individuals with a mental illness through advocacy and providing direct programs and services.
Under the direction of the Director of Community Services and Manager or designate this position is responsible for monitoring the Front Desk/Reception area at tə cecəw Modular
Typical duties include
- Greeting guests and tenants
- Ensuring and enforcing community rules
- Managing keys and sign in roster
- Interacting with tenants and performing security duties for the facility such as monitoring the front door
- Patrolling, checking that doors and windows are secure
- Performing reception type duties such as directing calls, receiving and relaying messages, engaging visitors, clients and guests and responding to in person enquiries in a professional courteous manner
- Providing building information to clients such as the safety systems, guest and visitor protocols
- Allowing safe and timely access and egress to the building and fulfilling
- Responsible for other related duties as assigned
Grade 12 or equivalency; building service worker or security guard training certificate; recent related experience of 6 months or a combination of education, training and experience
WHMIS certificate; First Aid Certificate; Criminal Record Check through Ministry of Justice required
Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to work with people with a mental illness.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
- We believe in the person, not the disease.
- We operate client-centered care under the principles of psychosocial rehabilitation.
- There is a variety of work within a particular position and within the organization.
- We strive to be the best that we can be.
- We hold Exemplary Status accreditation through Accreditation Canada.
- We have won numerous awards for our innovative programming.
- We care about our employees, and believe in living our values and culture throughout the organization.
***Employees of Coast must apply within seven days of the posting date with their internal account (Coast email address registered) to be considered as an internal applicant. Current Coast employees who apply to this posting using external accounts or after the 7 day deadline will be considered as external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Coast Mental Health is committed to creating a culture of diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or disability.
Company: Coast Mental Health
Company Location: Vancouver, BC