Front Office Eligibility Job at Carevide – in Sulphur Springs, TX
· Responsible for making multiple attempts to contact patient for appointment confirmation and clearly inform the patient of financial responsibilities.
· Responsible for reviewing that all patient paperwork including demographics, consents and rights are correct, current and in the patient’s language of choice.
· Responsible for retrieving new patient/updated paperwork from front office staff and entering information in the electronic patient management system.
· Responsible for assuring financial screening form is current and correct.
· Responsible for assuring Proof of Income is current and documentation of warning letters if needed.
· Responsible for performing financial screening to determine eligibility for Agency programs/grants or Medicaid/CHIP or private insurance.
· Responsible for clear explanation of Agency programs/grants, Medicaid/CHIP eligibility.
· Responsible for scheduling appointment for patient with Outreach & Enrollment staff to assist with enrollment in the Federal Marketplace and other state programs.
· Responsible for assuring all grant screening forms, applications and financials are current and are compliant with grant policies and procedures.
· Responsible for assuring that all new/current cards for third party payers are documented in the patient’s chart.
· Responsible for verifying with patient address, phone number and date of birth prior to discussing appointment information.
· Responsible for reviewing the following with the patient:
General understanding of medical billing and computer knowledge. Must possess the ability to communicate with patients regarding collections and research, review and understand patient’s charts and accounts receivable. A minimum of six months financial intake is preferred.
Graduation from an accredited High School or equivalent. Minimum of 1 year medical office experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.01 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Company: Carevide –
Company Location: Sulphur Springs, TX