Frontline Services Officer Job at Department of the Attorney-General and Justice – in Alice Springs NT
Agency Department of the Attorney-General Work unit Director of Public Prosecutions
Job title Frontline Services Officer Designation Administrative Officer 3
Job type Full Time Duration Fixed to 28/04/2022
Salary $62,773 – $67,746 Location Alice Springs
Position number 17569 RTF 221414 Closing 29/09/2021
Contact Natalie Jordaan on 08 8951 5802 or [email protected]
About the agency Homepage – Department of the Attorney-General and Justice
Director of Public Prosecutions
Apply online https://jobs.nt.gov.au/Home/JobDetails?rtfId=221414
Applications must be limited to a one-page summary sheet and detailed resume
Information for applicants – Inclusion and diversity and Special measures
The NTPS values diversity and aims for a workforce that represents the community. The NTPS encourages people from all
diversity groups to apply for vacancies and accommodates people with disability by making reasonable workplace
adjustments. If you require an adjustment for the recruitment process or job, please discuss this with the contact officer.
For more information about applying for this position and the merit process, go to the OCPE website.
Under the agency’s Special Measures Recruitment Plan eligible Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (Aboriginal) applicants
will be granted priority consideration for this vacancy. For more information on Special Measures, go to the OCPE website.
As part of a team, provide high quality professional secretarial and administrative support services to the Director of Public
Prosecution (DPP) staff, clients, stakeholders and the general public.
Key duties and responsibilities
1. Provide an efficient front line service including courier services to a broad range of DPP staff and clients, including legal
practitioners, police officers and the general public both in person and via electronic communication technologies
ensuring advice and assistance is timely and accurate.
2. Build and maintain strong and productive relationships with a range of stakeholders, external agencies, and outside
organisations, to assist in the smooth day-to-day operations of the divisions’ activities and represents the office in a
3. Promote and maintain the registry area with a professional client focus providing a service to all visitors.
4. Register and maintain a range of incoming and outgoing electronic documents including prosecutions files for
distribution using electronic records management systems.
1. Proven ability to provide high quality professional secretarial and administrative support services to a broad range of
2. Professional and courteous communication skills using initiative and drive with the ability to contribute to, and work as,
part of a professional team.
3. Good organisational skills with a proven ability to determine workload priorities, meet stringent deadlines, display sound
professional ethics such as confidentiality and discretion, and a capacity to work under pressure with minimum
4. High level of computer skills with proficiency in a range of relevant computer office software applications including
electronic record management packages and electronic editing software.
5. Demonstrated high level of attention to detail and ability to follow tasks through to completion.
6. An ability to interact effectively with people of diverse cultures.
7. Hold a current NT driver’s licence.
1. Experience working in a legal environment or similarly regulated environment.
This section is optional. It can include any further information that is relevant to the vacancy; for example, criminal history
checks, flexibility in starting dates, requirements for travel, etc.
Company: Department of the Attorney-General and Justice –
Company Location: Alice Springs NT