Full-Time Custodian Job at Des Peres Parks and Recreation – in Des Peres, MO
Job Title: Full-Time Custodian
Department: Parks and Recreation Department
Reports To: Facility Superintendent
Status: Full-Time, FLSA: Non-Exempt
Starting Pay: $37,138 per year, plus an excellent benefits package
Shifts: Second shift; evenings and rotating weekends
Submit Application: http://www.desperesmo.org/325
Responsible for regular cleaning and general maintenance of city buildings. Performs manual work of routine difficulty. Work involves moderate physical exertion, frequent lifting and moving of heavy equipment. Work will include non-routine and weekend hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Responsible for all cleaning tasks at The Lodge Des Peres recreation center and other city facilities as assigned.
· Sets up and takes down equipment for meetings, special events and recreation programs.
· Operation of heavy to light equipment and tools including power washers, floor scrubbers, floor buffers, steam cleaners, air compressors, generators, pumps, man-lifts and hand tools.
· Performs routine cleaning, sanitizing, disinfecting, recycling, stocking, painting and waxing.
· Removes snow and litter from building entrance, front steps and sidewalks.
· Responsible for inspecting building for safety hazards and correcting and/or notifying supervisor if needed.
· Responsible for opening and/or closing the building, depending on work shift.
· Responsible for maintenance and inventory of supplies and equipment used to clean facility.
· Informs supervisor of all information regarding the physical facilities.
· Accountable for providing responsive customer service to clientele.
· Responsible for maintaining a safe and clean environment.
Education and Experience Required
High School diploma and experience in custodial services, maintenance, public works or related field. Applicant must have a valid driver’s license. Applicant must pass a national background screening and if selected, pass a drug screening as well.
Excellent benefits package offered with full-time employment.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $37,138.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
All staff, members and guests are required to wear a mask. We offer a clean and safe work environment as well as PPE for staff.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Custodial Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Company: Des Peres Parks and Recreation –
Company Location: Des Peres, MO