General Assembler (Entry Level) Job at Agri-Fab Inc. – 3.5 in Sullivan, IL
Purpose: Participates in the process of assembling and packing products by utilizing hands, fixtures, and basic hand and power tools. Not limited to a single task. Assemblers may rotate tasks throughout the assembly line process so each Assembler is familiar with every step. Assemblers will learn to assemble a wide variety of products.
Must meet the following requirements:
- Complies with all rules and regulations of Agri-Fab, Inc. and actively contributes to workplace safety.
- Interacts in a positive and cooperative manner in all dealings with co-workers and management.
- Actively participates in training; stays current and in compliance with required annual safety training.
- Supports manufacturing improvement programs and initiatives. Offers and helps implement improvement suggestions.
- Maintains a clean, orderly and safe working environment; wears and utilizes all PPE required for each job.
- Follows standard work and work instructions.
- Displays a high degree of attention to detail.
- Displays appropriate sense of urgency in communicating concerns (safety, quality, etc.).
- Cross-trains in order to perform all tasks in job rotation.
- Works overtime, including weekends and holidays, as required.
This position’s essential functions vary due to rotating assignments and include but are not limited to:
- Accurately places required hardware and other miscellaneous items into bag according to work instruction.
- May initial completed parts bags.
- Places sealed bag on assembly line/or in product carton.
- Accurately completes quality documents.
- Accurately assembles products according to the work instructions.
Place in the Box
- Organizes and accurately places parts inside carton according to work instructions.
- May build carton for unit.
- Packs unit in designated carton according to work instructions.
- Ensures all parts are in carton and accurate.
- Closes carton and may place on pallet.
- Monitors and records hourly production numbers.
- Monitors own quality and that of previous stations.
- Builds carton for unit according to work instruction.
- Helps other assembly stations on line to maintain appropriate pace.
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Meets or exceed production rates and quality standards.
- Uses sub-assemblies, parts, and fasteners to produce a finished good or manufactured part.
- Performs required PMs as scheduled.
- May assist in training new assemblers on assembler standard work and work instructions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Measuring and Mathematical Skills
- Accurately adds and subtracts.
- Verifies parts and follows approved processes using work instructions.
- Language Skills (Speaking and Writing)
- Effectively communicates with coworkers and supervisors.
- Writes clearly and legibly.
- Basic Reasoning Skills
- Applies common sense when following written and oral instructions.
- Reads, interprets, and takes action on written instruction.
- Physical Requirements and Manual Dexterity
- Mental and physical endurance.
- Ability to work alone or with a group
- Constant standing throughout shift, with occasional walking.
- Frequent bending, lifting, carrying; may be required to lift up to 50 pounds on an intermittent basis.
- Fine motor skills for assembly of small parts.
- Effective use of appropriate fixtures, basic hand and power tools.
- Subject to hot temperatures.
- May be subject to loud working environment.
- Skin may be exposed to petroleum based grease and oils.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $14.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Sullivan, IL 61951 (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
Company’s Facebook page:
Company: Agri-Fab Inc. – 3.5
Company Location: Sullivan, IL