Global Senior Designer (Bags) Job at Timberland – in Mendrisio, TI
Founded in 1973, Timberland® is a global outdoor lifestyle brand based in Stratham, New Hampshire, with international headquarters in Switzerland and Hong Kong. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying – and protecting – nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Timberland is a VF Corporation brand. VF is one of the world’s leading apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations, and a commitment to deliver innovative products and create long-term value for its employees, customers and shareholders.
To learn more about Timberland, and share in our mission to step outside, work together and make it better, visit one of our stores, www.timberland.com or follow us @timberland.
Let’s talk about the role!
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Designer – Bags, to join the team.
As part of the Product Creation team at Timberland, design full bag ranges from concept to finished product, while ensuring alignment with the brand seasonal direction and the global business needs.
Utilize exceptional problem solving skills, wide knowledge of materials, market insight and design skills to problem solve for our consumers and build product that meets expectations in terms of value and cost, across men’s and women’s within our Street, Outdoor and Casual divisions.
Interact constantly with category team members in Development and Product management to deliver the appropriate execution for the target consumer audience. Ensure design practicality and meet merchandising business needs.
Strive to create apparel that meets relevant trends and leverages the brand DNA of Style, Performance and Green where applicable.
- Providing hand sketching, computer flat sketching, technical drawings/specifications for each stage of the product development
- Collaborate/communicate with cross category teams in footwear and apparel for strong alignment of seasonal storytelling
- Collaborate/communicate with cross functional teams (PM & PD) to meet customer’s needs and target costs
- Own and lead design process from initial inspiration to final product
- Ensure function, style, quality requirements are met in each stage
- Support Design Manager in execution of seasonal concepts and briefs
- Address Target consumer, wearing occasion, market opportunities
- Deliver Inspiration, style & product concept boards or sketches
- Create and present seasonal material/trim direction to vendors and cross category teams
- Color application in collaboration with Color specialists and Design Manager
- Preparation and creation of technical CAD drawings
- Meet expectations on accuracy and on-time delivery along product calendar
- Travel to overseas factories to monitor and finalize product execution as needed
- Facilitate agile decision making on prototype review and revision
- Develop awareness of our channel of distribution in Emea, AP, NA regions
- Be an engaged and committed team-mate, Be a facilitator in negotiations
How You’ll Make A Difference…
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or (equivalent) in Accessories or Consumer Product Design.
- Experience: 7+ years of experience in Bags product design with similar brand(s) or organization(s)
- Expertise in both leather and non-leather product
- Languages: Fluent English essential; additional language is a plus.
- Be a Timberland Purpose Ambassador
- Demonstrated strength in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, In-Design, Keynote.
- Proficiency in 3D Product Creation Software eg: Browswear, CLO.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast environment and the flexibility to manage and adapt to change.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Self-motivated with an ability to work within a cross-functional team which supports project management and development.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good Presentation Skills.
What’s in It for You?
Along with a competitive salary, bonus and benefits program, we offer a flexible, casual work setting, up to eight weeks of paid parental leave, 40 hours of paid community service and generous employee discounts on all our amazing VF brands. And it’s not just our products which set us apart from others, it’s our people! We believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after.
That’s why, on top of comprehensive benefits, we offer much more:
- Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries;
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do;
- Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally;
- An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together.
If you like what you’ve read and want to join our team, we’d love to hear from you!
Taggué comme : Design, product
Company: Timberland –
Company Location: Mendrisio, TI