Group Health and Safety Manager Jobs in UK at Elevation Recruitment Group
Title: Group Health and Safety Manager
Company: Elevation Recruitment Group
Type: Full Time
Category: Engineering, Management
Salary: Salary 40000 GBP Yearly GBP 40000 YEAR
Elevation Recruitment Group are pleased to be engaged on behalf of a world class business looking to appoint a Group Health and Safety Manager for a career defining opportunity. Based out of Rotherham with a turnover of £90M and supplying to a lucrative industry, this role is responsible for the management and leadership of a team of highly skilled Health and Safety Coordinators across the rest of UK.
The successful applicant for the drive of a culture change within the Health, Safety, and Environment function to ensure that a safety-first mind set, and ethic is adopted throughout the business.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
– Ensuring all health, safety and environmental legislation is adhered to
– Manage and lead a team of four Health and Safety Coordinators
– Chair meetings and produce reports to other senior management
– Lead in the planning and monitoring the protective and preventative measures used by the company
– Prepare and develop health, safety and environmental strategies and policies
– Oversee Health and Safety Projects conducted by the Health and Safety Coordinators
– Influence and improve the monthly KPIs, investigate incidents and ensure continued compliance with applicable legislation
– Keeping up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety legislation
– Ensure that appropriate PPE is adopted for specific activities against the risk assessment and that stock is available and controlled in a cost-effective manner.
– Promote and raise awareness, at all levels of the organisation, on the impact of emerging health, safety and environment issues, whether legislative or best practice, or corporate, ethical and social responsibility
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
– Experience of Health & Safety Management in a heavy engineering environment
– ISO 18001(45001) Experience
– NEBOSH Qualified (Diploma preferred)
– Management and leadership skills
– Demonstrable achievements of developing a positive EHS culture
– Positive, friendly, driven attitude with an outgoing personality
– Able to communicate well with both shop floor and senior stakeholders alike.
Elevation Engineering & Manufacturing is a specialist recruitment consultancy dealing with senior engineering, technical and operational positions in Yorkshire and the surrounding regions. If you match the specified criteria and are interested in discussing the position in more detail, we would love to hear from you.
Please for more information on:
– Engineering Jobs or Engineering Recruitment
– Manufacturing Jobs or Manufacturing Recruitment