Head of Service Management Job at ELEXON LIMITED – in London
Elexon Limited is a non-profit organisation that is vital to the smooth operation of the wholesale electricity market. We administer the electricity balancing and settlement arrangements for Great Britain, affecting all the companies that generate and supply the electricity and the 28 million customers that use it. We compare how much electricity generators and suppliers said they would produce or consume with actual volumes. We then work out a price for the difference and transfer funds accordingly. This involves taking 1.25 million meter readings every day and handling our customers’ funds each year. The rules are set out in the Balancing and Settlement Code, and we administer the Code and provide and procure the services needed to implement it.
The primary responsibility of the role is to lead the Service Management team executing on the organisation’s day to day service management activities in relation to the BSC Central Systems and the outsourced services which support delivery of BSC obligations. The function must be delivered in accordance with Elexon’s policies and procedures, ensuring alignment with the organisation’s business plan. The role reports to Director Digital Ops but will require significant interaction with stakeholders in other areas of the business, in particular Elexon’s Digital Product Teams.
Responsible for Service Management and the following activities:
- Day to day management of the operational service provided by suppliers to ensure customer incident and problem records are effectively managed and optimised.
- Responsible for successful service execution in terms of supplier adherence to defined service levels and KPIs, including SIPs (Service Improvement Plans).
- Development of the Service Management team and driving industry best practise into every aspect of service delivery, planning and operations.
- Recording and regularly monitoring all risks related to the delivery of the Services.
- Recommends investigations and feasibility studies on behalf of the Business (as instructed) and manage through the Continuous Service Improvement (CSI) process.
- Works through the CSI process to drive improvements in the performance of service against the SLA’s ensuring that the delivery of services meet and/or exceeds all targets.
- Establishes a Quality Plan to assess the ongoing success and effectiveness of the service.
- Conduct regular internal and external communications based on industry requirements (circulars, National Grid outages).
- Monitor service transition activities for delivering Projects to Production.
- Initiates Manages and monitors Operational Change Management.
- Proactively monitors platform capacity, providing support to Product Owners to optimize digital resources and costs in light of projected consumption.
- Monitors the testing environment including industry change, participant testing, qualification testing and inter product testing to assure only compliant product enters production.
- Manages the environment availability for services to the industry and across Elexon’s internal systems (e.g. upgrade outages and releases).
Responsible for Supplier Management and the following activities:
- Single point of contact (SPOC) for all service delivery operational queries.
- SPOC for escalation from Digital Operations for supplier performance.
- Aligning Supplier SLAs to Product Owner’s required performance levels reflected in our service to Elexon Customers.
- Manages change adherence for approved CAB changes to the Services.
- Monitors financial-related activities associated with the contract and prepares and manages 3rd party spend budgets.
- Ensures proper monitoring of the Services and initiates actions, including the enforcement of any penalty clauses, to bring contracts back into line or to escalate to the appropriate level.
- Works collaboratively within Product Owners to set performance metrics (KPIs), monitoring and reporting of Supplier Performance against supplier service levels and KPIs.
- Works with the Product teams to ensure that service requirements and service level agreements with both internal and external suppliers meet the business need.
- Liaises with business customers to ensure that service expectations are not outside of the ELEXON standard SLA(s).
- Develops effective partnerships within the business. Advises and influences the business regarding the operational appropriateness, and cost-effectiveness of current and potential various components.
Governance and Reporting:
- To monitor progress against issues and to ensure that an agreed level of service is maintained.
- Publishes performance and service improvement results to business customers and senior management.
- Reporting is as defined in contract but likely to include: Service Status Reports, Service Level Agreement Tracking Reports, monthly Service Management dashboards, management reporting and service reviews.
- Work collaboratively with the business management to ensure effective and efficient delivery of the organisation’s strategy, championing the Elexon behaviours and values.
- Responsible for application and maintenance of Elexon’s Service Management Policy.
- Management of suppliers and services in accordance with Elexon’s Supplier Governance Models.
Line and performance manage a team of Service Managers responsible for all aspects of Service Delivery including but not limited to:
- The BAU Service Manager
- The Design and Transition Manager
- The Change and Release Manager
- The Major Incident Manager
Skills / Attributes
- Currently working within a similar role developing and leading best practices of CIPs and CSI initiatives.
- Extensive experience working within a multi-vendor environment supporting digital products/programmes.
In return, Elexon provides
- £75k to £80k
- 28 days annual holiday + Bank Holidays
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical (Bupa)
- Private dental (Cigna)
At Elexon, our employee wellbeing is particularly important to us, which is why we are proud to provide:
- Remote working available (1-2 days per week office based)
- BUPA health check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eye care voucher scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Buying & selling holiday scheme
- Computing scheme
- CSR days
- Season ticket loan
We believe a diverse and inclusive culture allows innovation and creativity to flourish. We are committed to continuously improving our culture for our colleagues and stakeholders. Through our hugely successful Diversity Forum, MHFA network and regular programme of activities and events, we celebrate difference and recognise the value of employee wellbeing, which is a consistent outcome from annual employee surveys that we conduct. Likewise, as a community, we like to support each other, and all agree Elexon is a great place to work with a great workspace too!
At Elexon, we want to:
- Provide true equality of opportunity
- Attract and retain diverse talent
- Listen to all voices
- Be representative of the communities we work in
- Be a roles model for Diversity and Inclusion in the industry
Elexon together, embracing differences, listening to all voices.
Reference ID: HOSM
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £70,000.00-£80,000.00 per year
- Bonus scheme
- Performance bonus
- Yearly bonus
- Additional leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Company pension
- Gym membership
- Life insurance
- Private dental insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Store discounts
- Work from home
Company: ELEXON LIMITED –
Company Location: London