Head of UK Fashion Marketplace Job at Amazon UK Services Ltd. in London
- 10+ years professional experience in complex and dynamic environments
- Proven track record in General Management/P&L leadership and business development, preferably with commercial and operational experience
- Unique combination of inventive thought leadership, superior analytical skills, and bias for action to get things done
- Experience in recruiting, developing, leading and inspiring large and cross-functional teams
- Superior people skills and ability to drive alignment and accountability with a wide range of stakeholders
- Highly driven and ability to deliver needle-moving change and results in complex settings
- Impeccable written and verbal senior executive communication skills
- High attention to detail and passion for the highest possible standards
- Masters degree, preferably in a business or technical / engineering discipline
The EU Fashion marketplace team is looking to make a senior hire to lead the Amazon UK Fashion marketplace business. As the head of the UK business, you will act as the General Manager for this multi-billion dollar business, responsible for all aspects of seller recruitment and account management, selection, pricing, customer experience and P&L/financial performance. You will lead a multi-functional team of sales, account management and category management driving the development of a world-class portfolio of Fashion brands and selection for customers in the UK.
As well as leading the UK business and team, this role will be a key member of the EU Fashion marketplace leadership team, reporting to the EU Fashion marketplace director, and be the single-threaded EU owner for top strategic pan-EU programmes across all EU marketplaces (e.g. brand owner management, marketing and merchandising, store customer experience).
This is a critical role for the success of the UK and EU Fashion marketplace business at this time given the growth trajectory and potential of the business as well as the significant number of EU Fashion leaders based in the UK. You will be expected to act as a thought leader with a high level of autonomy, bring impactful ideas to the table, and execute them through your own team as well as by influencing up/down and across the organisation.
- Manage the end-to-end day to day performance of the UK Fashion marketplace business across all key inputs – selection, availability, pricing and promotions, customer experience, seller experience
- Lead the overall third-party Seller recruitment to bring Fashion brands and Sellers onto Amazon, including investing personally in top hold-out Verticals and brands
- Define and implement an assortment and selection strategy that brings the selection that customers want and expect onto the Amazon UK Fashion marketplace
- Grow the business of Fashion brands selling on Amazon by driving adoption of key growth levers across Prime, promotions, marketing, pricing, and merchandising
- Take on leadership of major EU wide growth initiatives for the overall EU Fashion marketplace from idea through to implementation, partnering closely with EU Retail leaders, EU marketplace leaders and international product and tech teams
- Manage the financial planning and business reviews for your business and pan-EU programmes
- Continuously audit the customer and seller experience of your business and define/pilot/implement scalable changes and new solutions
- Serve as an escalation point for Seller issues and coach your team on critical Seller-related topics
- Create and communicate an inspiring vision for your team and the broader EU organisation
- Hire, coach and promote top talent – both managers and individual contributors – across key Seller Services functions including Category Merchant Management, Account Management, Seller Recruitment
- MBA from top tier institute
- Experience with key eCommerce growth levers
Company: Amazon UK Services Ltd.
Company Location: London