Healthcare Assistant Job at Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust in Ely
We are currently looking for a proactive Health Care Assistant, who will join our team, here on Welney Ward in the Princess of wales Hospital.
If you are looking for a dynamic role where you are able to showcase your high level of patient care, as well as your strong team work ethic, this is a fantastic opportunity to demonstrate added value in a challenging environment.
About the role
Reporting to the Ward Manager, you will assist the team to deliver personal physical care to our patients who have a variety of rehabilitation needs for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust (CPFT). Working with a team of passionate and dedicated Health Care professionals, you will be responsible for delivering a high level of care to the patients in our community wards. This post is open to professionals with the right attributes to enhance a team.
Key responsibilities include
- To promote a positive service user experience throughout their stay through proactive listening, being responsive to issues raised and through resolving issues and concerns raised by service users with colleagues and senior members of the team.
- To be responsible for maintaining and conducting oneself in a professional manner towards service users, carers, colleagues and other agencies, at all times.
- To participate in working collaboratively with other Trust services and external agencies to provide seamless care for service users.
- To observe and report to a registered member of the team, any changes which may indicate an alteration in the general well being and safety of a service user. This would include observations around the service user’s presentation, behaviour, mood and verbal content.
- To provide service users with personal care, where and when required, and demonstrate empathy, dignity, respect and compassion at all times.
- To understand the importance of the relatives/carers contribution to care and conversing with the service users and their relatives/carers, establishing their needs and assisting them as necessary.
What will you bring?
- Demonstrable communication skills across all levels, utilizing a confident and articulate approach
- Self-awareness and sense of accountability
- Ability to work under pressure within a challenging environment
What will you achieve in return?
- Training opportunities pertinent to the role
- Completion of the care certificate
- Training in chair based exercises and strength and balance and the opportunity to utilise skills
- A strong sense of teamwork within a close knit group of clinicians all working within the same framework towards the same goals and philosophies
- An opportunity at developing a career within the healthcare sector
For further details / informal visits contact:
Debra Blanc – Ward Manager of Welney Ward
email@example.com – 01353 772508/9
Interviews will be held via Teams (Microsoft)
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust (CPFT) is an equal opportunities employer and believes in treating everyone with dignity and respect, encouraging applications from all sectors of the community.
We strongly encourage applications from all sections of the community, particularly from under-represented groups including disabled people and members of our BAME and LGBTQ+ communities. For further information about our positive equality, diversity and Inclusion work, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CPFT is looking to build upon its pool of temporary workers with Temporary Staffing Services (TSS). You will be asked at interview if you would be willing to register with TSS. This is an excellent opportunity for those looking to take on additional hours that are flexible around their personal circumstances.
Internal CPFT applicants who are currently ‘at risk’ & who meet the essential criteria will be given prior consideration over other candidates who apply for this post. If you are ‘at risk’ please make it clear on your application so you receive priority consideration.
If you are successful at interview you will be subject to pre-employment checks, including a DBS (if appropriate) & references to cover 3 years of continuous employment. To ensure a smooth process please bring all identity documents to your interview. A list of required identity documents will be attached to your interview invitation.
In submitting an application form, you authorise CPFT to check any previous NHS service details via the Inter Authority Transfer (IAT) process should you be appointed to the post.
Please note that due to the variety of contacts you may provide it cannot be guaranteed that the recruitment process will be managed exclusively within the NHS email system.
We reserve the right to close adverts early should we receive sufficient applications.
COVID-19 / Face-to-Face interviews are currently not permitted, therefore will be conducted via Microsoft Teams.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Company: Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust
Company Location: Ely