HGV Mechanic/ HGV Technician Job at A M Phillip Trucktech Ltd – in Glenrothes Central and Thornton
A. M. Phillip Trucktech Ltd is recruiting for skilled HGV Technicians for our busy workshop in Glenrothes. Night and Day shift positions available.
The overall purpose of the role is to carry out general maintenance and repair work on a range of heavy goods vehicles to a high standard. This will be from within our Franchise sectors but may also cover other makes of commercial vehicles. This is an exciting opportunity to take on a fresh challenge with a dynamic and rapidly growing company.
The key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the service team to maintain and repair customer vehicles.
- Fault-finding and diagnostics as directed.
- Maintenance of all equipment to the highest standard.
- Advising the supervisor of any improvements to enhance reliability and reduce costs.
- Carrying out any other reasonable task which may arise.
The key skills and qualities of an HGV Commercial Vehicle Technician:
- A good level of technical knowledge, ability and experience in the mechanical repair of HGV commercial vehicles.
- Ability to organise own workload, work on own initiative and to strict deadlines.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Awareness and understanding of health and safety requirements.
- A current full driving License.
- PC skills and proficiency are preferable.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00-£38,000.00 per year
- Driving License (required)
Company: A M Phillip Trucktech Ltd –
Company Location: Glenrothes Central and Thornton