Housing Support Worker Job at Look Ahead Housing and Care – in Surrey
The job requirements are detailed below. Where applicable the skills, qualifications and memberships required for this job have also been included.
Application closing date
£22,500 per annum
25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, staff discounts, healthcare and career progression.
Housing Support Worker
Housing Support Worker, Look Ahead Care Support and Housing, North Surrey. Walton-On-Thames
Looking for a new role where you can make a difference every day? We’re looking for a kind, compassionate and resilient Housing Support Worker to join our Walton-On-Thames service.
£22,500 per annum, working 35 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, staff discounts, healthcare and career progression.
Look Ahead is a dynamic, leading, not-for-profit care and support provider in London and the South East. As an organisation we deliver over 110 services, providing support to around 7000 customers each year. We work across mental health, homelessness, young people and learning disabilities so there are plenty of opportunities to grow and progress your career with us.
We’re looking for a Housing Support Worker to join our complex needs service. No personal care required.
To enable vulnerable people living in a variety of different tenures to manage their tenancies/ licences and prevent homelessness by providing a flexible and individually tailored support package.
Up to NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent or experience in the social care/charity sector
As part of a team of support staff at the Walton-On-Thames service, your role will focus on working closely with customers to help them build and gain their independence and meet their goals and aspirations.
This involves supporting them with a range of life skills for example helping customers with budgeting, applying for benefits, undertake key-working responsibilities for a caseload assigned by the Manager.
Ensure that referrals to the service are managed effectively and in line with the referrals and assessment procedure. Undertake initial and assessments and continuous reviews of support needs and potential risks and agree levels of support and actions.
Create and review support/ action plans for providing appropriate housing-related support based on the assessment and reflecting the services and resources available.
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers
- Working proactively with other members of the team to handle the service caseload and administrative responsibilities
- Supporting key customers to set personalised goals in the form of a Support Plan
- Conducting regular key work sessions that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals
- Providing support with daily living activities, including practical assistance where skills are not yet developed, to ensure that customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
- Proactive development of links with local statutory and voluntary organizations to provide a range of engagement opportunities for customers in the community
- Empowering customers to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
- Encouraging and enabling tenants to pay their rent and ensure that rent accounts are managed effectively
- Ensuring Look Ahead Health and Safety policies are adhered to at all time and to uphold all health and safety responsibilities within relevant policies and local protocols
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
- Exudes a warm friendly presence and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
- Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviour
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities.
If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at work and are accredited with the Inclusive Employers Standard 2021. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
Company: Look Ahead Housing and Care –
Company Location: Surrey