HR Generalist II – Instructional Designer Jobs in Naperville, IL at ALDI Einkauf GmbH & Co oHG
Title: HR Generalist II – Instructional Designer
Company: ALDI Einkauf GmbH & Co oHG
Location: Naperville, IL
Salary: $80K – $100K*
Category: Business Services
We’re ALDI, one of America’s favorite grocers. We’ve grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it’s in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our Human Resources Department is focused on ALDI’s most valuable asset: our people. With teams including Administration, Employee Communications, Payroll & Benefits, Human Resource Information Systems, Legal, Risk & Security, Recruitment and Training & Development, HR makes sure that ALDI continues to employ talented and motivated people that are focused on preserving the supportive culture we’re known for.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Identifies and recommends training and development opportunities that will assist employees in achieving enhanced performance and/or career objectives.
• Advises on any changes or actions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
• Informs management of recurring issues or when additional team training may be required.
• Investigates, designs, creates, and revises employee development projects and training materials as requested.
• Assess existing materials as part of a thorough evaluation of ALDI’s existing training materials
• Load, test, and evaluate programs in the Learning Management System.
• Serves as a consultant for divisions, departments and third-party partnerships regarding talent training and development materials.
• Understands ALDI competency models, and amends current programs and materials to reflect these models as needed.
• Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values of the organization to create a proper, professional workforce.
• Understands developing trends in the training and development industry, and shares with their team and others in Human Resources.
• Collaborates with training and developing team members to retain a motivated and professional workforce.
• Communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or a related field.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Training & Development within a corporate environment.
• A minimum of 3 years of full time instructional design experience preferred
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and design software such as Camtasia, Captivate, Storyline.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Analyzes, interprets, and presents complex data.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
• Demonstrate high level of consulting skills fostering collaborative …
About ALDI Einkauf GmbH & Co oHG
Aldi (stylized as ALDI) is a leading global discount supermarket chain with over 10,000 stores in 18 countries, and an estimated turnover of more than €50 billion. Based in Germany, the chain was founded by brothers Karl and Theo Albrecht in 1946 when they took over their mothers store in Essen which had been in operation since 1913; it is one of the worlds largest privately owned companies. The brothers built up a chain of stores until, by 1960, they owned 300 shops, and split the operation into two separate groups, that later became Aldi Nord, headquartered in Essen; and Aldi Süd, headquartered in Mülheim an der Ruhr. The two operate independently, each within specific areas. Aldis Scottish operations are run separately by independent franchisee Sam Mcconnell and Marco Nicholson, the rivalry is intense.