HR Manager Jobs in Memphis, TN at International Paper
Title: HR Manager
Company: International Paper
Location: Memphis, TN
Salary: $100K – $150K*
Category: Manufacturing & Automotive
The HR Manager – Information Technology position is located in Memphis, TN and reports directly to Business HR Manager for IT. The incumbent in this position will:
• Provide direct HR support to the IT Technical Service organizations.
• Provide leadership and functional knowledge in all aspects of
human resources management to assist leaders achieves business and functional goals.
• Coordinate implementation and help evaluate effectiveness of HR strategic initiatives, to ensure a smooth transition to new practices and positive impact on business and functional goals and the work environment
• Provide strategic impact in the areas of talent management, organizational effectiveness, leadership development, acquisition and redeployment of talent, performance management and change management.
• Institutes and executes HR programs and services which support the strategic direction set to achieve business and functional goals.
• Educates, coaches and counsels leaders and employees on job performance, staffing, organizational design and development, employee development and diversity to build work teams which fully contribute to meeting or exceeding company goals.
• Executes the leadership development model, succession planning and the Performance & Development Roadmap process to maximize employee growth and potential.
• Identifies training opportunities, compiles or develops training materials, coordinates and/or delivers impactful training classes and workshops.
• Coordinates with hiring leaders and Recruiting to build a staffing plan that meets the current and future needs of the organization. Must have a strong ability to identify and assess talent.
• Embraces, champions and applies the concepts of diversity and inclusion.
• Educates and coaches leaders on company policies, work rules, as well as applicable federal and state regulations, to ensure fairness and consistency.
• Promotes and participates in the planning and implementation of communication strategies which deliver accurate, consistent and timely information on business issues and employee concerns.
• Serves to facilitate resolution of employee disputes and interpersonal conflicts in a win/win manner whenever possible.
• Partners with leaders to institute work system improvements that positively impact group capability, contribution, increase flexibility, reduce S&A and raise employee engagement.
• Researches and introduces human resources best practice concepts and proactively considers new strategies.
• Leads change and assists the organization to improve its capability to embrace change through effective use of the IP change methodology.
• Competitive external environment – retaining and developing our talent
• Agility to identify the opportunity for development new practices, policies and approaches
• Must be driver for change management
• Must have confidence to coach managers
• Ability to use judgment, knowledge and interpersonal skills to solve problems
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to make educated, data-driven decisions quickly
• Must have ability to address conflict directly and use judgment to seek common ground and resolve disputes objectively
• Superior communications skills – both written and verbal.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree
• 7-10 year’s human …
About International Paper
The International Paper Company is an American pulp and paper company, the largest such company in the world. It has approximately 65,000 employees, and it is headquartered in Memphis, Tennessee.