In-House Paralegal Job at Newcross Healthcare – in Home Based
Established 25 years ago, Newcross Healthcare has become one of the UK’s most commercially successful and innovative healthcare staffing providers. We are a privately owned, highly ambitious organisation with a culture of innovation, a passion for technology and a determination to provide our high standards of care to as many vulnerable people across the UK as possible.
We now have an opportunity for an In-house Paralegal or Legal Assistant to join our Finance team, initially on a 3 month basis but with the possibility of a longer term contract.
In-house Paralegal / Legal Assistant / Legal Executive
3-month contract with possibility to become permanent
Remote / Work from home (must be UK based)
Basic salary £22,000 to £25,000 (DOE)
We are looking for a friendly, enthusiastic and fast paced litigation Paralegal or Legal Executive to join our Finance team. The primary focus of the role will be to support the Credit Control Manager with the collection process for clients whose accounts have become delinquent.
The role will involve tracking and progressing the status of disputes at the formal proceedings stage as well as the pre-action stage, raising client letters and court papers, evidence gathering to support the various cases and liaising with external counsel as required. You will also be involved in negotiating settlements.
You will be taking on an existing caseload so need to be able to hit the ground running. Although this is offered initially as a 3 month contract, the role will give you the chance to shine and for the right candidate the opportunity of a permanent role.
- Minimum of 12 months experience within a Paralegal, Legal assistant or Legal Executive role.
- Litigation experience is essential, including conducting civil litigation and ideally experience of debt claims and contract disputes.
- Experience with insolvency proceedings would be highly advantageous.
- Strong organisational and IT skills are essential with the ability to produce weekly progress reports.
- For paralegal/legal assistant, LLB, GDL and/or LPC are desirable.
- For legal executive, CILEX or equivalent qualification is essential.
Reference ID: IHPL
Contract length: 3 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £22,000.00-£25,000.00 per year
- Store discounts
- Wellness programmes
- Work from home
Work from home
- Legal support: 1 year (required)
Company: Newcross Healthcare –
Company Location: Home Based