Indirect Tax Manager – Vice President Jobs in New York, NY at Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records, and by contributing to Firmwide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
The Tax Department reports to the Deputy Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 200 employees worldwide. The Tax Department is responsible for global tax compliance, tax accounting, business unit tax advice and tax planning for the Firm.
Dual reporting to the Head of State and Local Tax and Head of Indirect Tax, the Americas Indirect Tax Vice President is required to provide indirect tax advice and oversight of indirect tax coverage for the Americas region. The role excludes coverage of non-US indirect taxes.
Responsibilities will include
– Help identify and implement process improvements and process streamlining with respect to US indirect taxes;
– Assist with US indirect tax audits and coordinate with governmental agencies;
– Conduct tax research and prepare some taxation forms;
– Review and reconcile data reports used in our US indirect tax processes; and
– Address sales and use tax inquiries from various Morgan Stanley business units on taxability, planning, and structuring.
– Preferred 8 or more years’ experience of indirect tax compliance, audits or related work in public or private accounting, or equivalent experience; preferably with SaaS and/or digitized/online products experience
– Experience in the financial services industry and indirect taxes in the US
– Proven track record of managing projects and of continuously reviewing and improving process required
– Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills with the ability to develop internal and external networks
– Must have ability to think critically and self-review
– Strong control focus while maintaining a high level of client service
– Self-motivated, with a desire to succeed and develop professionally and personally
– Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment and be a team player
– Confident working with colleagues in worldwide business locations
– Focus on collaboration across teams and geographic regions
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office and financial systems as well as strong ana…
Job Title: Indirect Tax Manager – Vice President
Company Name: Morgan Stanley
Location: New York, NY
Experince: Not Specified years
Job Category: Finance & Insurance