Information Technology Intern – Summer Internship Job at Stratas Foods in Cordova, TN
Stratas Foods LLC is the leading supplier of fats and oils to the Foodservice, Food Ingredients and Retail Private Label markets in North America and is a producer of quality bulk and packaged dressings, mayonnaise and sauces. Stratas Foods was formed in October 2008 as a 50/50 joint venture between ACH Food Companies (ACH) and Archer Daniels Midland (ADM).
Manufacturing facilities are located in Dallas and Houston, TX; Decatur and Quincy, IL; Englewood, NJ; Fresno, CA; Nashville, TN; and Valdosta, GA. Corporate offices are located in Memphis, TN. We are committed to maintaining a progressive workplace by utilizing the ideas, skills and talents of all of our employees. We strive to make Stratas Foods a great place to work and are building a team capable of meeting our business goals.
The Stratas Information Technology Team has an exciting opportunity for a talented intern to learn the inner workings of their IT and contribute to the success of our fast growing company. As an intern with Stratas Foods, you will not only work with and learn from industry professionals, but you will also share in the culture of accountability at Stratas Foods
As an intern, key responsibilities will include the following:
Assist users when upgrading them to a Windows 10 pc from Windows 7
Assist with the transition from on-prem to O365 for email
Assist with the transition from Office 2013 to Office 365
Automate reports using Macros
Work on import specifications on SQL server
Rewire server room
Create barcoding inventory system for spare IT equipment
Hours and Compensation
A typical workweek is forty hours, Monday through Friday 8a – 5p, with flexibility due to summer classes.
This position pays $17 per hour.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
An individual who has at least 2 years of undergraduate studies remaining
A hard working individual willing to dig to the bottom of every issue
A concentration in Information Technology or related field
Strong communication skills
A highly motivated self-starter
Strong organizational skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Macros
Proficient in SQL
1. Communications – Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills in dealing with those both internal and external to Stratas are critical to success
2. Leadership – Ability to lead others in the directions necessary to achieve mutually beneficial goals is important
3. Analytical Skills – Having both the ability and competency to evaluate a variety of alternatives and pick the best solution in a dynamic work environment
4. Root cause problem-solving techniques: Critical to a line manufacturing process
5. Developing teamwork and productivity: Being proactive in employee relations efforts serves all well
Company: Stratas Foods
Company Location: Cordova, TN