Islington MHAP – Support Workers Job at Look Ahead Housing and Care – in Islington
The job requirements are detailed below. Where applicable the skills, qualifications and memberships required for this job have also been included.
Application closing date
£23,019.36 per annum
plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Islington MHAP – Support Workers
Recruiting for 4 Support Workers to join our mental health service in Islington!
GBP £23,019.36 per annum, working 40 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Islington Mental Health Accommodation Pathway provides support to people living with various mental health conditions and complex needs. The service consists of a 24-hour supported accommodation service, and 3 medium-low supported accommodation services across the borough of Islington.
Support workers at Islington Mental Health Accommodation Pathway work within a multi-disciplinary team, providing support to customers with a range of mental health and support needs. This will include support with emotional, social, physical & domestic needs. You will be skilled in engaging both customers and stakeholders and have a good understanding of the needs and diversity of this client group. You will be able to demonstrate the ability to work in a therapeutic environment that at times can be challenging and provide quality, evidence-based care and risk management strategies. You will be highly motivated and committed to continuous professional development. You will be committed to supporting customers through their recovery journey and skilled in engaging them with their move-on pathway. You will work flexibly to respond to emerging needs and effectively address the needs of the customer group. This role will include working bank holidays, weekends and national holidays.
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Undertake key-working responsibilities for a caseload assigned by the Senior Support Worker/Team Leader/ Contract Manager. Creatively working to engage with customers.
- Undertake initial and continuous assessment of needs and potential risks and agree levels of support and actions. Promote positive risk taking.
- Create support/action plans for providing appropriate services based on the assessment and reflecting the services and resources available
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers.
- Working proactively with other members of the team to handle the service caseload and administrative responsibilities.
- Support customers to undertake all domestic tasks wherever possible, including practical assistance where they have not yet developed the skills, to ensure customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation.
- Undertake all administrative work and keep accurate and comprehensive tenant/customer records to professional standards
- Proactive development of links with local statutory and voluntary organisations to provide a range of engagement opportunities for customers in the community
- Empower customers to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
- Encourage and enable tenants to pay their rent and to ensure that rent accounts are managed effectively in conjunction with the Housing Management team and policies
- Undertake housing management duties in line with relevant HM contract.
- Ensure that referrals are chased proactively so that properties which can be used to house those in need are filled as efficiently as possible
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as may be reasonably assigned
- Involving customers in the design, development and delivery of the service
- Ensuring Look Ahead Health and Safety policies are adhered to at all time and to uphold all health and safety responsibilities within relevant policies and local protocols
- Adhering to all other Look Ahead’s policies and procedures
- Engaging in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
- Approachable and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
- Open to feedback and self development
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is essentially customer–focused
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
- Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviours
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Up to NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent or experience in the social care/charity sector
- Experience working in mental health
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at work and are accredited with Silver in the Inclusive Employers Standard 2021. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
Company: Look Ahead Housing and Care –
Company Location: Islington